This position is responsible for providing library reference services to students and faculty in a fully online, fast-paced environment.
- Direct students and faculty to relevant online databases and web resources.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by students and faculty.
- Facilitate the development of information literacy skills through reference, instruction, and the creation of library research tools.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of library resources in supporting the curriculum.
- Communicate with students and faculty through email, instant messaging, and phone about the curriculum, their research needs, and information resources.
- Maintain records and statistics related to the online library resources and services.
- Facilitate library instruction to students, faculty, and staff through online meeting software.
- Create bibliographies, user guides, video tutorials, and other library research tools.
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, to accommodate student and department needs. This may include working more than 40 hours per week
- Commitment to public service.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to ensure student success.
- Skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technology skills needed to provide innovative web-based library services and resources. Experience with instant messaging reference and screencasting preferred.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Previous experience in an academic, special or public library.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition assistance
At Colorado Technical University (CTU), we take great pride in our multicultural, educational community and the level of personal, professional, and academic support we are committed to providing each student. As our community grows, so does our need for dedicated professionals who share our passion for education and our commitment to making CTU the best place for motivated student professionals to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Jenna Obee, University Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org