The patron training specialist provides support in providing digital literacy training for adult patrons. The training specialist develops and delivers a wide range of high-quality digital literacy training. A majority of their time is spent scheduling and delivering training. This position will work with adult patrons with differing levels of technology skills to assist in their workplace or career development, the focus will be on technology for productivity. The training specialist is also responsible for developing and scheduling technical and soft skills training programs. The training specialist will be doing formal training, with a curriculum, and set objectives. Researching and assessing criteria and tools for training success. Technology literacy is required, as well as a background in training or teaching expertise. Completes pre and post assessments of training and administers approved patron development programs. Evaluation and assessment of training is also required, including patron response to trainings. A systems thinking approach is strongly preferred. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS-24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of The American Library Association, as well as ADA guidelines governing public access to space and technology. Position reports to the Adult Services Coordinator-supervisor.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements for the position change. Effective communication skills are required for success in this position. Preferred experience in curriculum development, coaching and training. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- PATRON TRAINING: the majority of time is spent scheduling and providing patron training. Administers technical training courses, online training modules and presentations to JCPL Adult patrons. Facilitates classroom exercises, activities and provides lectures on identified subject matter. Manages group processes and facilitates group discussions. Determines the level of classroom engagement with each and participant and each class, depending on their needs. Identifies and coordinates training from outside organizations as needed. Teaches workshops on topics of interest relating to digital literacy and computing skills with particular emphasis on productivity and job development. Oversees the production of training materials, manuals, and training records.
- TRAINING DEVELOPMENT: Implements training and development procedures and goals. Assesses training and development needs of adult services patrons. Develops training programs as needed. Researches and recommends outside consultants for special training programs. Oversees the scheduling of in-house and outside programs. Researches and assesses various training delivery methods such as video, self-paced training and distance learning. Oversees technical training of adult services patrons system wide.
- EVALUATION AND ANALYSIS: Oversees the maintenance of patron training participation data and schedule of training programs to ensure that training requirements and strategic goals are met. Utilizes JCPL metrics, tracks training and evaluations. Conducts analysis of evaluation data and adjusts training and materials as warranted. Evaluates the effectiveness of patron training and development programs. Makes recommendations for any future changes. Communicates regularly with adult services coordinator through emails and meetings.
- FACILITATION AND SUPPORT: Analyzes specific organizational processes or team dynamics when requested by supervisor. Determines appropriate actions, makes recommendations and referrals for training. Fully supports all of the strategic initiatives as related to adult services and digital literacy. Conducts or arranges meetings when requested, participated in organizational development projects and serves on task forces as needed.
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Stays informed of new developments, methods, practices and techniques in the organizational training and development fields. Maintains knowledge of patron education programs and practices to ensure the success of the JCPL strategies and initiatives. Maintains skills, knowledge, and subject matter expertise in area of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.