Jackson County Library Services
Mobile Services Specialist, DART VAN
40 HOURS PER WEEK
$19.79 TO $24.79 PER HOUR
CLOSES SEPTEMBER 24, 2022 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Mobile Technology Library Specialist is an integral part of the JCLS Outreach mission to connect people to information, ideas, and each other. The incumbent in this position must have expert knowledge of Outreach best practices and the local area in order to identify and recommend appropriate locations where the JCLS Tech Connect Van is needed. Responsible for maintaining a schedule of outreach stops, driving the van to designated locations, and providing exemplary customer service to Jackson County residents while representing JCLS in the community. This position requires an understanding of library circulation procedures, library tech programming to youth and adults, as well as the ability to assist patrons of all ages and diverse backgrounds to meet their technology needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively support the mission of JCLS to connect everyone to information, ideas, and each other
• Maintain a dependable schedule of outreach stops throughout Jackson County, including stops at schools, assisted living facilities, festivals, and other locations
• Actively seek out new partnerships within the County
• Assist patrons in accessing JCLS resources, placing holds on materials, checking out and returning materials, and applying for a library card
• Performs routine duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the Van including daily inspections and cleaning of the vehicle
• Ensure all vehicle maintenance is done in a timely manner and based on maintenance schedule
• Ensure all laptops, tablets, and STEM materials are charged and ready for use by patrons
• Prepare special collections for schools and other groups
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent driving skills and safe driving record.
• Excellent customer service techniques to handle a variety of customer interactions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Promotional skills to provide patrons with information about services, programs, and special events
• Comfortable with a wide-range of technologies and ease with learning new technologies
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Proficient knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of the educational, developmental, and interest levels of different populations served
• Working knowledge of library procedures, systems, and equipment.
• General knowledge of Reader's Advisory
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library patrons and other library employees
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and to handle issues that may arise on a day-to-day basis
• Ability to meet a wide range of patrons' needs
• Ability to update schedule on library webpage
• Regular attendance
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Valid Oregon driver's license and clean driving record
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Two years of experience working in a library
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Library and Information Science
• Previous Outreach experience
• Criminal background check required
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per JCLS policy
External Job Ad