• Assist library patrons at the public service desks, computer stations, via the telephone, email and elsewhere in the library. Assist the library staff in administrative, public, and collections services as needed.
• Assist library patrons in their needs concerning circulation, reserves, materials location, interlibrary loan, basic technology needs (computer hardware PC/Macintosh and software, research, digital services, printing, processing formatting, e-mail communications, etc.), especially from the circulation desk, other areas of the library and over the telephone.
• Assist library administration and Commons staff, with basic needs, including circulation (PC and HELIN loans, patron record databases, etc.), stacks-maintenance and collection/building projects, reference and digital services, collections services, archives and special collections, as needed.
• Operate and perform basic troubleshooting for computers, scanners, printers and copy machines such as removing jammed paper, adding toner, and calling for service and supplies.
•Opens or closes the Library as needed, ensuring that the building is secure and that materials and equipment are properly stored and secured.
• Assist in ILL activities, including PC, HELIN and outside requests.
• Perform basic and intermediate computer and other technological functions, including scanning, MSOffice activities, managing databases, creating, analyzing and integrating spreadsheets, and importing graphics and other information into a document.
• Produce correspondence and documentation through typing, word processing, formatting, use of charts, graphs and other visuals, collating, photocopying, binding, etc., according to the standards of the department and the College; proofread for content, language and grammar.
• Perform all other duties as may be required.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings