Cumberland County Public Library
Fayetteville, North Carolina
This position is located at the North Regional Branch Library. An employee in this position is responsible for the supervision and scheduling of staff within the Adult Services department. Coordinates/facilitates staff training at all branches as needed. Acts as Team Lead in absence of branch manager. May be assigned system-wide responsibilities such as grant management or project development. May coordinate services and programs between branches. Participates in planning services in geographic area served by assigned branches.
• Oversees and coordinates the branch’s reference services and initiatives. Compiles, prepares, and maintains reports, records, and statistics for the department
• Performs and ensures excellent customer service for complex reference, reader’s advisory and information and technology questions
• Hires, supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules staff. Assigns duties for projects and day-to-day activities
• Prepares and presents programs, trainings and classes for adults and all-ages audiences including classes on computer skills, library resources and databases. May host and facilitate book clubs
• Resolves intermediate customer complaints; refers more complex issues to branch manager. Knows and enforces rules governing the use of the library
• Oversees, coordinates, and participates in collection management. Assigns duties to staff for inventory of collection, weeding outdated/worn items, and recommending replacement materials
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 13 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic. To see more information about the benefits offered to employees look here
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, David Kilpatrick (910) 323-7655