Jefferson County Public Library
Library To You provides alternative services for patrons who have barriers to accessing the physical location. We offer services and access to resources beyond our traditional buildings. These outreach services include, but are not limited to, Bookmobile, lobby service, mail delivery, and self-service options such as the Lending Machine, Holds Lockers, and our new Express Library. We aim to meet patrons where they are. This position is based out of the Library Administration building, which is attached to the Lakewood Library.
The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Patron Experience Associate provides information to patrons in person, by phone, mail and via electronic means. The Patron Experience Associate performs simple to moderately complex research activities. Advises patrons on appropriate materials. May be a generalist or specialize in services to specific market segments (Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors, Spanish Speaking and Digital Resources). Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Provides information, referrals and reader’s advisory assistance to patrons in person, by phone, mail and via electronic means. Locates materials using manual and electronic databases in JCPL, other Library systems and/or other sources. Refers patrons to community resources and other appropriate resources for further information as necessary. Advises patrons about on-line searching. Uses high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Addresses and resolves complaints from patrons or forwards to appropriate staff as necessary. Promotes and presents programs, classes, workshops both in the Library and off site. Advises and instructs Library patrons in using equipment necessary to access Library resources. May present programming training or classes to the public, both on or off site. Provides quality programs presented in their area of specialty, including off-site locations. Conducts Library tours and community outreach.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICES: Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Under supervision, assists in the development and maintenance of instructional tools, databases and reader’s advisory materials. Routinely provides direct customer service. Assists with evaluating and maintaining the existing collection through recommendations and weeding of materials. Suggests program needs.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Participates in the responsibility for the general appearance and safety of the division and Library as a whole. Assists with collection development and maintenance. Ensures access to all materials both physical and virtual. May create content for the web or social media. Participates in the design and creation of displays, bulletin boards, signs, posters, informational/directional aids and special exhibits. Keeps current on Library policies and procedures relevant to the location and/or Library as a whole. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures and/or communicates policies to patrons as necessary. Stays current on new trends and technologies. May collect, tabulate, maintain data and prepare standardized reports.
- OVERSIGHT: May assist in coordinating the work and schedules of ancillary staff and volunteers. May assume responsibility for the operation of the Library in absence of the Public Services Manager and/or Person in Charge. Takes appropriate action for disturbances and other emergencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Customer service experience.
Required - Valid Driver's License; Valid Colorado Driver's License within 90 days of acceptance.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.