FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S SERVICES - TECHNICIAN
(40 hours per week, non-exempt)
Position # 150325001
DATE POSTED: November 04, 2022
LOCATION: 20 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
STARTING WAGE: $15.30 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Monday – Friday : 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
May require occasional weekends and weekdays
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: This position is Open Until Filled. Preference will be given to applications received by November 21, 2022 at 9:59 p.m. MST
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-Verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing advanced administrative support on behalf of Family & Children’s Services programs and activities.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs all department administrative duties, including document maintenance and filing; orders kit supplies and maintains office supplies and forms; responsible for department meeting minutes.
- Coordinates monthly Family & Children’s Division calendar, including preparation, compilation, and editing; collaborates with Communications Office staff to produce print versions.
- Creates the programming menu format (aligned with other Services), the menu planning timeline each quarter, the menu selection documents, and the response compilation documents.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal colleagues, community partners, and library customers. Creates a courteous and welcoming point of contact in all interactions.
- Provides support for weekly LENA workshops with recordkeeping, providing refreshments, supplies and preparing the recorders.
- Organizes the annual staff retreat.
- Maintains the elementary and preschool spreadsheets and prepares reports.
- Provides committee support for multiple Family & Children’s Services projects, such as story time kits and new summer preschool program kits.
- Assists chair of PPLD Kids Facebook page, doing weekly post duties and page monitoring.
- Collects and compiles monthly statistics.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Supports Pikes Peak Library District outreach through participation in major events and programs.
- Keeps informed about library and department information.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Library programs and services.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintains effective relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires minimum high school diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Requires a minimum of one year of clerical and administrative experience.
3. Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
External Job Ad
Soumya Gollapalli : email@example.com