The University of Wyoming Libraries invites applications for a Data Management Librarian for the newly opened Digital Scholarship Center, an initiative developed under the University of Wyoming Libraries 2018-2022 Strategic Plan. The DSC resides in the Digital Collections Office within the Education & Research Services division. The Data Management Librarian has a key role in advocating for and fostering a culture of open data stewardship and best practices across all disciplines on campus and beyond. This position provides leadership for data management, publication, and curation services to UW researchers and faculty members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage UW Libraries’ data collections in WyoScholar
- Work with campus partners including the Advanced Research Computing Center and the Office of Research and Economic Development to manage the lifecycle of large datasets related to UW faculty research
- Provide consultative and educational services to UW researchers and faculty about data management plans, data sharing platforms and funder requirements for datasets.
- Coordinate with library systems staff and university IT on maintenance and development of UW’s data infrastructure
- Partner with liaison librarians for outreach to university faculty and department
- Coordinate with Digital Collections staff on repository support and maintenance, data preservation
- Provide outreach and educational workshops through the Digital Scholarship Center
- Maintain current awareness of funding agency requirements, data management tools and technologies
- Develop and implement training for librarians and staff on data management and the data repository, including outreach to Wyoming community college librarians and administrators
This position reports to the Chair of Digital Collections.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf ).
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Additional Info & Requirements
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish positive and productive collaboration working with diverse audiences and colleagues throughout the library and beyond
- Education or work experience in informatics, scientific research, or managing research data
- Knowledge of one or more digital/data repository services (e.g., Fedora, Hydra, Dspace, Figshare, CKAN)
- Knowledge of the data management practices and requirements of researchers and external funding bodies
- Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
*The UW Libraries is committed to providing professional development funding and time to allow candidates who meet the minimum qualifications to acquire skills and grow into positions.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
UW Libraries is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit http://uwyo.edu/libraries
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Resume or C.V.
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's experience meets the minimum and any desired qualifications
- Contact information for four work-related references.
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 12/07/2022 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.