- You love working with employees and are passionate about finding efficient solutions to workplace challenges
- You have experience managing the employee life-cycle from job posting to offboarding
- You are confident in your ability to create structures and workflows within Human Resources to ensure legal compliance, and equity of employee experience
- You can manage employee benefit programs including annual open enrollment
- You have experience managing projects and associated budgets
- You want to give back to the community
- You are a self-motivated hard worker with a positive attitude
- You have excellent customer service skills and a desire to help others
About the job:
- Starting pay $27.00 per hour
- 32 hours per week, can be flexible within open hours of the library
- Earn three weeks of Personal Time Off per year for sick time and vacation
- Earn 6 hours of holiday pay for seven holidays per year
- Employee health insurance including medical, vision, and dental coverage is paid by the library ($7,272 per year benefit)
- Library matches 2% retirement contribution after one year, 3% after two years, 4% after three years, and 5% for four years and longer
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Human Resources functions within the library. This position processes and submits payroll including retirement contributions using an outsourced software and company. The HR Manager is responsible for managing the employee lifecycle from job posting to offboarding. This position manages employee benefit programs including annual open enrollment.
A full job description can be viewed at basaltlibrary.org/jobs
Additional Info & Requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree is required
• A minimum 2 years’ experience in Human Resources is required
• A minimum 2 years’ library experience is preferred
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is preferred
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered on the basis of one year of experience for each year of education.
About the library:
- The Basalt Library is the living room of its community and is beloved by the people who visit it. The library is known for its music events and its beautiful building. Behind the scenes, a work culture of collaboration, appreciation, and fun make this an amazing place to work.
- Basalt, named for the basaltic rock formation on Basalt Mountain, began as a railroad town and was incorporated in 1901. Basalt is a Statutory Town in Eagle and Pitkin counties in Colorado. Surrounded by wilderness, Basalt sits at the gate of the Fryingpan Valley along the Gold Medal waters of the Roaring Fork and Fryingpan Rivers in the White River National Forest at an elevation of 6,611 feet.
- The library sits on the shore of the Roaring Fork River in historic downtown Basalt.
External Job Ad
Amy Shipley, Director, 970.927.4311 x8; firstname.lastname@example.org