Community College of Aurora (CCA)
The Career and Technical Education Open Educational Resources Developer (CTE OER Developer) will enhance and establish a career and technical education (CTE) Open Educational Resources (OER) Program by working directly with and supporting CTE Chairs/Directors and faculty/instructors to adopt, adapt, and create new resources for their courses and programs.
They will lead the institution’s initiatives of training and assisting CTE faculty/instructors with locating OER, raising their awareness of open education activities, and encouraging their participation in OER opportunities.
The person in this position will guide CTE faculty/instructors, students, and staff on open content production and publishing on the PressBooks platform. They will also be responsible for actively supporting the seeking of funding opportunities in support of CTE OER-related initiatives.
This is a grant-funded position through June 30, 2023. Depending on available funding and need, this position could be extended. This is a primarily remote position with occasional meetings and other duties on campus.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Initiate and provide leadership, vision, support, and assessment of OER initiatives for CTE courses and programs.
- Create and implement an OER data and assessment plan for use of OER in CTE courses and programs.
- Provide advocacy and outreach for OER, open access, and open education pedagogies in CTE courses and programs.
- Work collaboratively with library staff to guide CTE faculty/instructors in the discovery, creation, dissemination, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content.
- Create OER-related professional development and instructional resources, including web pages, tutorials, workshops on open and affordable course content, and LibGuides that focus on CTE OER projects, resources, and data.
- Participate in the CCA OER Taskforce.
- Engage in collaboration efforts with the Colorado Community College System office to support the creation of open publishing at CCA on the Pressbooks platform for CTE programs
- Stay current on trends, legislation, best practices, and scholarship that impact OERs.
- Collaborate in the identification of and applications for internal and external funding to support the adoption of OER
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- A master’s degree in a relevant field, such as instructional design or a master’s degree from an ALA-accredited college or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of OER, open licensing, and open publishing.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Background or education in a CTE field such as health science, business, science, technology, or engineering.
- Two years of experience with open educational resource adoption in an academic library or higher education environment.
- Experience with planning and facilitating professional development, workshops, community events, or instruction sessions.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with open education pedagogy and instructional design.
- Experience successfully pursuing funding opportunities to support educational/community efforts.
- Experience publishing on PressBooks.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. Full time employees immediately upon hire earn 15 hours a month annual leave and 10 hours a month sick leave. https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
Additional Info & Requirements
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high-quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. We are particularly interested in applicants that demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse identities, including but not limited to: socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, disability, multilingual learners, veterans, non-traditional, race and ethnic backgrounds
We actively promote a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students, 65% of CCA students receive some type of financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell grants, and nearly two-thirds are first-generation college students.
More than 20 different languages and 60 countries are represented at CCA. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills. The college centers diversity, equity, and inclusion and we actively seek to employee partners who want to join us in working to reducing outcome gaps among our diverse student population.
Apply online. Please see the full posting for the Application checklist and notices to applicants.