The Library Clerk II position is specialized library clerical work assisting in the operation of the library's circulation. The individual in this position welcomes library users and serves as the first point of contact to an engaging and positive library experience. This includes actively greeting customers, observing and responding to their needs, and assisting in creating a customer-friendly environment for library users. Position requires working at least one evening and one weekend shift every week along with some holidays, as well as the willingness to travel to work at both City library facilities.
This position is a 24 hours per week, benefited position. The hours are: Monday 1:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m., Thursday 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Friday 10:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., and Saturday 12:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The full salary range for this position is stated above. The starting range of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The salary for 2023 will be $18.73 to $23.97 per hour. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee’s fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Laotian and/or American Sign Language (ASL).
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Cash handling experience
- At least 6 months customer service and/or retail experience
- Commitment to excellent customer service: helpful, friendly, energetic, and adaptable
- Interpersonal and judgment skills necessary to work effectively with Library users, staff, and visitors
- Experience in general library work
- Above-average computer skills
- Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish and/or Hmong
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
The College Hill branch is a destination library that services the surrounding community as well as an array of college students. It is jointly operated with the Front Range Community College and often partners with the upstairs academic Front Range library for circulation and various services.