This position is located at the Headquarters Branch Library and is responsible for the overall supervision of the Local and State History Department, including management of the collection, supervision, training, and scheduling of staff in the Local and State History department. Co-coordinates the supervision, training, and scheduling of AS staff for general information services. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Headquarters Branch Manager. This position regularly acts as Team Lead in the absence of the Headquarters Branch Manager.
- Provides in-depth genealogy and/or family history research services and reader’s advisory services to the public.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules Local & State History and Adult Services staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed, customers are given efficient, prompt, and competent assistance, and pleasant working conditions are maintained.
- Develops and presents training for the system at all eight branch locations to ensure the library’s continued delivery of fast, efficient, and accurate reference services.
- Works with the Training Coordinator to develop and schedule Local & State History and/or Genealogy training, as assigned.
- Develops and conducts adult programs through the Adult Programming Council. Evaluates services, programming, and materials collection for assigned department to ensure compliance with library’s five-year plan.
- Researches, identifies, develops, and prepares proposals and applications for public and private grant opportunities under the direction of library leadership and management.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 13 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic. To see more information about the benefits offered to employees look here
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Amanda Turnmire (910) 323-6101