Drives the Bookmobile to locations within the community and assists patrons with information requests and material check in and out. Represents the library district at outreach events, such as school visits, and community-wide events. May initiate, plan, and conduct informative and engaging programs and outreach events for people of all ages. Performs a variety of library tasks that contribute to the successful running of the Mobile Services Department.
Bookmobile: Drives the bookmobile to weekly stops and performs routine maintenance checks. Works to maintain current, useful, and appealing collections on the Bookmobile. Service area exchange shelves using personal vehicle.
Outreach & Programming: May be called on to plan and conduct enriching, engaging story times and/or programming for children of all ages. Programs take place in the library and at special events in schools or community-wide events with or without the bookmobile.
Circulation: Update patron accounts, issue new library cards, and assist patrons with placing material on hold.
Customer Service: Provide exemplary customer service to all who use library services. Provide reading suggestions to library patrons, train patrons on the use of the library catalog and locating items, and on the use of databases or electronic devices.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Requires a two-year college degree or equivalent coursework and/or an equivalent amount of library experience. Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license and good driving record.
● Experience working with children of all ages is preferred.
● Storytime and/or programming experience in a library setting preferred.
● Readers’ advisory services experience, especially with youth material, preferred.
● Dedicated to the mission and strategic direction of the library.
● Proficient oral and written communication and social skills.
● Demonstrated ability to think logically, exercise initiative, and act in the best interest of the library.
● Dedicated to being a part of a team.
The Clearview Library District serves Windsor, Severance and West Greeley communities
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants must pass a background check.