Lead the efforts of the Library Technology and Innovation public-facing workgroup by overseeing the daily operations of the Technology Center customer service desk, makerspace, and classroom. Research, assess, plans implement, and evaluate technology programming, digital literacy initiatives, and makerspace activities and equipment for library users.
The salary range for this position is $24.81- $37.21 per hour with a hiring range of $24.81 - $31.01,depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: Friday, 12/16/22 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Is technology your thing? Do you love teaching others how to use devices and gadgets? Are you good at explaining and working through abstract computer concepts with new users? Loveland Public Library is looking for an assistant manager in the Technology and Innovation division to champion all things cool and creative for the Loveland community! This position will work directly with Library patrons, computer class instructors, and the rest of the technology team to further the Library’s mission to inform, engage, and inspire the public to create with new machines, enhance their digital literacy skills, and be a part of the ever changing world of technology.
MANAGEMENT LEVEL AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors day-to-day operations.
- Provides direction to direct reports following standard practices and procedures.
- Oversees tactical operations of support or trade employees.
- Makes recommendations regarding personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions.
- Champions and embodies the City of Loveland’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
- Provide customer service and technology help for library users of all ages and ability levels in the computer lab, makerspace, and classroom.
- Provide assistance with, demonstration of, and basic troubleshooting of technology resources for library patrons including but not limited to: public access computers, web browsers, scanners, cameras, smartphones, poster printers, projectors, 3D printers, laptops, Chromebooks, CNC mill, art digitizer, VR headsets, microphones, etc.
- Plan, facilitates, and manage technology outreach, programming, and classes.
- Create and maintain the technology customer service desk schedule.
- Work with outside partners and library computer class instructors to schedule computer classes for the public based off statistics, current computer skill needs, and technology trends
- Create digital literacy initiatives to improve technology and computer skills of Library patrons and the public; collaborates with other Library divisions to strengthen focus on technology via skill-building events and classes.
- Manages the Library makerspace; maintains equipment; researches emerging technologies to determine appropriateness for Library applications; provides educational opportunities and makerspace events for patrons.
- Manage and creates content for the library website via its content management system; trains staff to edit and refine content for the website.
- Create written, image-based, or video instructional material and teaching guides as necessary.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collect payment for products sold in the Technology Center.
- Create library cards and accesses patron records.
- Perform circulation duties of technology equipment such as laptops, Chromebooks, hotspots, and other technology equipment.
- May assist with planning and providing oversight to library marketing and social media strategies.
- Order supplies essential to the services provided in the makerspace and classroom.
- Participate on library committee(s) and/or City committee(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office, internet navigation and searching, email, cloud-based applications, various web browsers and their functionality, ChromeOS, Windows 10/11, MacOS, Google Workspace, mobile devices (Android and Apple), operating systems, hotspots and wifi connected devices.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to establish warm, approachable relationships with customers of all ages and ability levels.
- Assist patrons effectively during relaxed or stressed activity level in the Technology Center.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with 3D printing, CNC milling, Virtual Reality, and videography equipment.
- Demonstrates leadership ability to manage others and delegate tasks.
- Knowledge of computer-based library systems.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Welcome diverse populations, including but not limited to cultural, racial, economic, and ethnic diversity.
- Prepare materials for graphic reproduction and/or printing using computer software.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite or comparable software proficiency.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Next Door, and Instagram.
Degree: Bachelors Degree (BA, BS, BBA) in Technology, Computer Science, Education, Communications, Engineering, or Information required.
- Two (2) years professional and progressively responsible library and technology experience required. One (1) year makerspace equipment and/or facilitation experience required. One (1) year supervisory experience including hiring, discipline, performance management, and evaluation of staff required.
- One (1) year graphic design experience preferred. One (1) year website content creation experience preferred.
- Masters Degree (MA, MS, MPA) in Library and Information Science preferred.
LEVEL OF PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Minimal physical effort typically found in clerical work. Primarily sedentary, may occasionally lift and carry light objects. Walking and/or standing as needed and minimal.
Minimal exposure to hazards are typically found in general office environment where there is rarely to no exposure to injury or accident
PHYSICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Exposure to routine office noise and equipment.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better in Information Technology.
Masters or better in Library Science.
1 year: Supervisory experience including hiring, discipline, performance management, and evaluation of staff
1 year: Makerspace equipment and/or facilitation experience.
2 years: Professional and progressively responsible library and technology experience.
1 year: Website content creation experience.
1 year: Graphic design experience.
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.