Performs mid-level professional duties under the direction of Adult Services Division Manager and will direct the Adult Services Division in the absence of the Division Manager.
The salary range for this position is $24.81- $37.21 per hour with a hiring range of $24.81 - $31.01,depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: Tuesday, 1/17/23 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you jump at the chance to develop community partnerships, grow staff skills, and offer innovative services? Do you relish working with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities? If so, then this could be the job for you!
Loveland Public Library is looking to fill the position of Library Assistant Manager for Adult Services. This position provides guidance and supervision for the staff for the Adult Services division, assists a busy reference desk and helps to plan and implement the exciting opportunities that the Loveland Public Library offers for adults in our community. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, has excellent customer service, event and program planning and implementation skills, an enthusiasm for adopting new technologies for a modern library, and executes concepts and is collaborative in an ever-changing environment! This is a 40 hour per week benefited position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify, expand, and maintain community partnerships.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with business community.
- Provide in-depth reference research and general library customer service for patrons.
- Participate in collection development, selection and weeding of materials in assigned area.
- Compile reports.
- Hire, supervise, train, evaluate, and schedule assigned staff.
- Person-In-Charge in absence of director or division manager.
- Search for, locate and retrieve information and material to answer questions posed in person, by phone, by email, and by IM or Chat.
- Explain to patrons the use of equipment and resources including the online catalog, databases, microform reader-printers, and copiers.
- Provide support, training, and troubleshooting online resources and downloadables as it relates to e-readers, tablets, and other mobile devices.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and coordinates programs and outreach events.
- Keeps up with current trends and issues in librarianship via professional reading and participation in library-related listservs, webinars, professional conferences, etc.
- Assists with the training and development of staff.
- Plans, promotes, and implements the adult summer reading program.
- Uses online tools to develop community centric programs and collections.
- Provides education and support for the public and staff for library resources.
- Creates, updates, and distributes department’s marketing material.
- Assists with staff scheduling for Adult Services division.
- Supports other library departments as needed.
- May provide input on performance evaluations of subordinate staff not directly supervised.
- Serves on library and/or city committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGEMENT LEVEL & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors day-to-day operations.
- Provides direction to direct reports following standard practices and procedures.
- Oversees tactical operations of support or trade employees.
- Makes recommendations regarding personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions.
- Champions and embodies the company’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of library reference and reader advisory, standard library arrangement and description, and material collection development practices. Conduct a reference interview, locate information in print and online resources. Ability to plan programs and outreach services. Network with community partners. Provide strong customer service to customers of all ages and backgrounds. Positively inspire and energize customers and staff about library services and materials. Work independently, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. Supervise staff and volunteers. Must possess strong presentation skills and a general knowledge of computers, integrated library systems, online databases, web browsing, audiovisual equipment, copy and microfilm machines, and Microsoft office tools.
Spanish language proficiency a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of college coursework plus two years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in required
- An additional two years progressively responsible library experience required. Masters degree along with a minimum of 6 months of library reference desk or programming experience may substitute this experience requirement.
- One (1) year supervision of paid staff including hiring, discipline, performance management & evaluation preferred.
PHYSICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Moderate to considerable physical effort that includes working from ladders in awkward positions. Frequent use of light or medium weight objects (e.g., 25-50 lbs) and use of medium weight tools.
- Minimal exposure to hazards are typically found in general office environment where there is rarely to no exposure to injury or accident
- Exposure to routine office noise and equipment
The City of Loveland job descriptions are designed to describe the general nature and level of work necessary to perform well in the job; they are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, and qualifications. The City of Loveland job descriptions may be updated periodically, and additional activities, duties or responsibilities may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better in Library Science or related field.
Two years of college coursework plus two years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree.
An additional two years progressively responsible library experience required. Masters degree along with a minimum of 6 months of library reference desk or programming experience may substitute for this experience requirement.
1 year: Supervision of paid staff including hiring, discipline, performance management & evaluation preferred.
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.