Colorado State University - Pueblo
The Colorado State University Pueblo Library actively develops and empowers the campus community by integrating information literacy across the curriculum and providing collections, spaces, and services that facilitate learning, research, and innovation for a diverse and inclusive community.
Description of Job
This tenure-track position, in collaboration with library faculty and in accordance with the Library Strategic Plan goals, develops and coordinates scholarly communications services for faculty and students supporting publishing, research, copyright, digital repository, and open access needs.
As a member of the Education, Research, and Outreach Division, the Liaison Librarian is involved and engaged in the entire life-cycle of research, teaching and learning, and outreach processes. This position collaborates with and supports faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum to achieve library student learning outcomes, providing course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support; creating research guides and/or tutorials; identifying library materials relevant to the course to embed in online learning management systems; and providing consultation to faculty and students in the department. In addition, the librarian provides a full range of subject-specific library services to include collection development, consultation, instruction, reference services, and assessment and proactively engages in scholarship and service.
Primary Duties As a member of the Education, Research, and Outreach Division, this position will participate in projects as defined by the team. The major job responsibilities for this position include the following:
Coordinate scholarly communications education and outreach services including but not limited to:
- Manage established OER program
- Coordinate and publish established campus student research journal
- Develop and coordinate outreach programs and services to inform the campus about legal and ethical issues related to copyright and fair use, citation management, impact measurement, open access publishing, institutional repositories, and more
- Consult with faculty regarding publishing options including license terms and conditions Promote library repository services
Serve as liaison to the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics; and the Hasan School of Business.
- Collaborate with and support faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum and achieve library student learning outcomes
- Provide course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support
- Participate in library assessment processes for student learning outcomes
- Create research guides, instructional videos, and/or online tutorials
- Identify library materials relevant to courses to embed in Blackboard, place on reserve, or include in course packs
- Provide consultation to faculty and students related to research, information literacy, and scholarly communication.
- Manage collection development for assigned subject areas
- Provide reference services in multiple modalities including face-to-face, chat, video, and email as scheduled (possibly including some nights or weekends)
Perform sustained inquiry into one’s discipline leading to practical application within the library as well as research resulting in published or presented scholarly output. These activities should include undergraduate and graduate students when possible and appropriate.
Serve the Library, the University, and the Profession through active membership on boards, committees, panels, etc.
- Master’s degree in Library Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution
- Bachelor’s or 2nd Master’s degree or other post-graduate coursework in a discipline related to STEM or Business
- Knowledge of technical, legal, and information policy issues related to scholarly publishing and new models of scholarly communications
- Demonstrated strong teaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups and communicate ideas effectively
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills, with the ability to function independently, take initiative, and set goals and priorities in a dynamic changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with, serve and communicate with a diverse and inclusive community
- Experience with copyright and intellectual property laws and their application in academic environments, scientific or scholarly publishing, or in related settings
- Experience increasing awareness and understanding about scholarly communication and intellectual property issues across a campus community, such as through instruction, informational materials, and events
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Experience at a regional comprehensive university
- Experience at an Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI)
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Colorado State University Pueblo offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance and Prescription Drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Annual & Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
Additional Info & Requirements
Condition of Employment Evidence of your being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or applicable exemption, is required as a condition of employment with CSU Pueblo. Employment is contingent upon your submission of records showing full vaccination for COVID-19, or receiving the first dose of a two-dose vaccine—or a single dose vaccine—before your hire date and submitting evidence of a second dose (as necessary, based on vaccination type) within 30 calendar days of your hire date, or completion of an exemption before your hire date.
Information about medical and non-medical exemptions is available at https://www.csupueblo.edu/coronavirus/vaccinations/index.html. Those employees who qualify for an exemption may be required to follow additional public health requirements or precautions, such as isolation, quarantine, testing, or other measures, particularly if there is a COVID-19 outbreak, in accordance with the direction and guidance of public health officials and University and CSU System policy.
About Colorado State University Pueblo
Colorado State University Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small student-to-faculty ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 35 undergraduate programs with 81 fields of study in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; the Hasan School of Business; the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; and the College of Health, Education, and Nursing; and 13 graduate programs.
CSU Pueblo is dedicated to interdisciplinary learning and entrepreneurship that elevates our people and our community, creates educational opportunities, fosters unique collaborations, and supports inclusion, access, and affordability as a gateway to the world. CSU Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students.
Among its unique features, CSU Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of STEM houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year-round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
External Job Ad
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/3847467/assistant-professor-of-library-services-scholarly-communications-coordinator-li/apply?department%5B0%5D=Colorado%20State%20University%20Pueblo&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter
- a current resume or CV
- unofficial or official transcripts showing required degree conferred
Additionally, applicants must include current contact information for three professional references, either within the online application or as an attachment.
Applications submitted without the required attachments/information above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until filled, but those applications received prior to 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, February 10th, 2023 will receive full consideration.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources& Institutional Equity at (719) 549-2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.