The Greenville Public Library is seeking an individual with a strong background in technology and a passion for library service to children to assist in our children’s department. In addition to assisting patrons at the children’s desk, this individual will engage in event marketing and promotion, and plan and present programs.
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services to patrons in the children’s department
- Assist children using the public computers and in accessing digital resources including ebooks and databases
- Develop and present educational creative and technology programs for children
- Manage the children’s department webpage and social media
- Other duties as assigned by the Children’s Librarian and/or the Assistant Director
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the public
- Prior experience working with children required.
- Experience with library service to children preferred
- Command of current and emerging technologies relevant to library service and programming for children of all ages
- Willing to work both evenings and weekends. Schedule flexibility preferred
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues, including equipment in-house and with patron devices
- Driven to work on a team as well as independently on assigned projects
Hours: approximately 20 hours per week including alternating Saturdays
Compensation: $20/ hr
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply please send cover letter and resume to Cassie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.