The Memorial and Library Association of Westerly seeks an innovative, engaged, energetic, and customer-oriented professional for our Head of Youth Services position at this busy, progressive organization. The Memorial and Library Association, established in 1892, oversees Westerly Library and Wilcox Park and directly serves the communities of Westerly, RI and Stonington, CT. The Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, technology, nature, and the arts.
The Head of Youth Services oversees all aspect of the Kids’, Tweens’, and Teens’ Departments and its staff. This position is responsible for meeting strategic goals, ensuring related community collaborations, setting youth service standards, managing schedules, maintaining department budgets, anticipating short and long-term youth service needs, and providing the highest quality youth services experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Additional Info & Requirements
• A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences from an accredited Library School
• Eight years or more experience in public libraries, five years of which must be related to Children’s and/or Youth Services.
• Knowledge and experience in the reading, viewing and learning habits of youth and teens.
• Keeps current with library trends and issues in Library service and technology
• Knowledge of policies, procedures and functions of library systems, with particular emphasis on services to children, parents, and caregivers.
• Knowledge of the Westerly area a plus.
External Job Ad
Applicants should send a resume, letter of interest, and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at https://www.westerlylibrary.org/careers for a full job description and the Employment Application.
Position will remain open until filled. Qualified applicants will be contacted through email. Westerly Library and Wilcox Park strives for a respectful and inclusive workplaces with equal employment opportunity for all and is EEOC compliant. Background check required.