This position is primarily responsible for overseeing student, public, and access services and providing friendly legal reference support and instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating, evaluating, and promoting innovative library services and resources for students
- Providing legal reference and research support to patrons, including students, faculty, alumni, members of the bar, and members of the general public
- Maintaining the library’s public interface, including website and social networking accounts
- Instructing in sections of our first-year legal research course
- Supervising access services and interlibrary loan services
- Assisting in operations of library facilities
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Additional Info & Requirements
- MLIS degree or its equivalent from ALA accredited institution by May 2023, or a JD degree from an ABA accredited institution by May 2023
- Relevant experience in public services departments of libraries
Supervisory experience and demonstrated interest or experience in teaching
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 2/12/2023 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.