The University of Missouri Libraries seeks a dynamic individual to work across our four campuses and the State Historical Society of Missouri as a Systems Librarian.
The University of Missouri System supports more than 70,000 students across four universities and serves all 114 counties. In addition to its four campuses—the University of Missouri-Columbia (MU), the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC), Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T) and the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL)—the UM System is comprised of a statewide health care system, multiple research parks and incubators, agricultural research stations, and a vast network of small business and technology development centers, extension centers, telehealth network sites and MOREnet sites.
The Systems Librarian will work across the four campuses and the State Historical Society of Missouri to maintain the integrity of the library platform and to develop and implement FOLIO system enhancements. This will include the technical functions of managing data integration and API access; coordinating data loads, setting priorities for system upgrades, communicating with appropriate vendors, and coordinating with the campuses to update and standardize the discovery layers. The position will report to the Director of Digital Initiatives at University of Missouri Columbia but can be located at any UM campus or work remotely.
Description of Duties:
· Engage in the FOLIO Community; stay updated on FOLIO development (upgrades, hotfixes, roadmap)
· Manage 3rd party FOLIO integrations and API access/use to ensure data integrity
· Coordinate and schedule FOLIO dry-run testing and upgrades, collaborating with Missouri State University and other hosted libraries as needed.
· Coordinate with campuses to report issues in FOLIO Jira for the UM System and liaison with EBSCO and the FOLIO community on resolutions.
· Coordinate data loads and exports and the demand on system, i.e., monitor performance
· Create and maintain ILS-related documentation (Confluence); liaise with Functional Support Librarian on needed documentation
· Primary responsibility for shared settings and configurations
· Work with others to meet reporting needs (i.e., queries of data, but not to create visuals)
· Coordinate with campuses to update and standardize discovery layers
· Work with site coordinators to facilitate regular meetings, set priorities, and work on enhancements for system
· Liaison to cross campus committees on Circulation, Acquisitions, and Cataloging to coordinate and communicate issues and updates.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Salary and librarian rank will be commensurate with experience. Remote work options are negotiable.
· Librarian I, negotiable from $51,500
· Librarian II, negotiable from $56,500
· Librarian III, negotiable from $64,000
This position holds non-tenure track faculty status (NTT) and will be hired at the appropriate rank of Librarian or Archivist. For information regarding title and rank, please review the MU Libraries’ Librarian and Archivist Governance Document found at: http://library.missouri.edu/staff/libguides/Governance%20Document_rev2019.pdf
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Additional Info & Requirements
· A master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program is required. For the rank of Librarian II, three years of professional library experience is also required.
Applicants will be evaluated on:
· Commitment to working with and learning APIs and related software tools/scripting languages to extract, manipulate and report data (JSON).
· Project management skills
· Familiarity with library metadata schema (MARC, RDA) and linked data
· Experience with systems deployment and configuration, particularly ILS platforms.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate policies and workflows with diverse stakeholders.
· Experience using a ticketing system like JIRA
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities, and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
The University of Missouri (MU, Mizzou) was founded in 1839 in Columbia, MO, as the first public university west of the Mississippi River. Today, MU’s 31,000+ students represent every Missouri county, all 50 states and 100 countries. As the state’s largest and most comprehensive university, MU offers more than 300-degree programs, including 89 online options, through 12 colleges and schools and is one of only six public universities nationwide that has a school of medicine, veterinary medicine college, and a law school. The MU Office of Extension & Engagement extends the benefits of MU research to Missouri’s citizens in all 114 counties in Missouri.
Considered one of the nation’s top-tier institutions, MU is the only public institution in Missouri to be a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). The University of Missouri Libraries belong to the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA), the Center for Research Libraries, the HathiTrust, and the statewide MOBIUS consortium.
For more information on the University of Missouri and the Columbia area, please visit the following:
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- University of Missouri Libraries
- Columbia Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
External Job Ad
Apply online at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic with Job ID 45059. A cover letter, contact information for three references and CV must be uploaded through the brief online application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.