The Library Technician III - Circulation Coordinator position at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is responsible with assisting the Circulation and User Services Manager in the daily operations of the front desk, providing excellent user-centered customer service, coordinating the course readings program, and providing support in the maintenance of library materials. This position also assists with hiring, training, scheduling, and managing front desk student assistants.
- Assist with overseeing the daily operations of the front desk and assign tasks to student employees to support the daily operations of the library and other library projects.
- Responsible for maintaining the library’s course readings collection. This includes timely processing of materials, checking copyright, communicating with faculty and library stakeholders, and assisting in the development of documentation and workflows.
- Experience direct interactions with users and provide basic information about library resources. Refer users to librarians or other campus units for specialty reference questions.
- Assist with performing searches for missing materials, and routine stacks maintenance.
- Create a daily desk schedule for front desk student coverage and hire.
*The working days for this position will be Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday with start and end times to be negotiated during the hiring process.
Education and Experience:
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to engage with diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities; and a commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
- Outstanding dedication to high quality customer service.
- Must be able to effectively mentor students to carry out comprehensive projects.
- Ability to work with highly detailed information in an online environment.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with an integrated library system or other relevant software.
- Prior relevant state experience in higher education administration working within an academic setting.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
PROUD TO OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN EXTRAORDINARY TALENT. OUR PERKS INCLUDE:
- Fee RTD EcoPass Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous vacation and sick leave plus 12 paid holidays
- State pension plan (PERA)
- Parental Leave Reduced cost tuition for employee and family members
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Professional growth and training opportunities
- Access to technology and equipment
- Colorado State Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a world-class recreation center
- Interaction with an international population and cultural events
Colorado School of Mines is an internationally preeminent teaching and research university dedicated to meeting the resource development needs of a rapidly evolving, technology-based society. Mines was selected by the Colorado State Legislature as the state's first "exemplary institution" of public higher education due to our "high degree of responsibility and capability with regard to academic and administrative functions." Colorado's oldest public university, Mines is located in Golden, Colorado at the gateway of the Rocky Mountains, 13 miles west of downtown Denver and 21 miles south of Boulder.
Please contact Dorie Chen, email@example.com