The Keene Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic professional with excellent public service skills and experience in libraries to join our team as a Librarian I- Circulation Supervisor! The Keene Public Library is a cherished community resource for the City and one of New Hampshire’s foremost public libraries. The Library has an active and supportive Board of Trustees and community, as well as dedicated staff and volunteers, who all contribute to a stimulating and positive work environment!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinates and oversees all activities related to the circulation of library materials.
• Supervises and trains circulation staff, library shelvers, and volunteers performing circulation activities. Schedules coverage of the circulation desk.
• Maintains patron records and performs various statistical and reporting duties. Handles and resolves patron concerns and complaints.
• Conducts monthly circulation staff meetings and reports at full staff meetings.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
• A Bachelor’s degree, plus one year of library experience or library training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate level coursework in library science is preferred. 1-2 years of supervisory experience is also preferred!
• Proficiency using library software and circulation services. Proficiency accessing online databases. Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software as well as LC MARC format.
• Knowledge and support of Intellectual Freedom and NH Privacy Laws and maintaining confidentiality of patron information.
Pay and Benefits include:
• This position is 32 hours per week and offers a pay range of $26.81- $33.41 per hour. The work schedule includes Saturdays and several evenings each week.
• This position is benefit-eligible including health and dental insurances and earned time after one year of employment!
If you are excited about working with a dedicated team of employees in a library where the focus is on learning, creativity, collaboration, and community interaction, then apply today! Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. First review of applications will be on Monday, March 6, 2023.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.