Location: Various Arapahoe Library District library locations as needed
Reports to: Supervisor, Adult & Career
Position: Full-time, exempt position. Ability to work evenings and weekends, required.
Pay Rate: $54,500 - 68,300
Purpose: Serves as a District resource to provide library services and access to information. Serves as an internal training resource and provides mentorship. Provides career advising expertise to patrons regarding the job search process, interviewing, resumes, cover letter writing, and all other facets of career planning. Plans and develops District-wide career services and programs. Provides outreach and facilitates partnerships with workforce and career related community service organizations and networking groups. Leverages labor market information to inform the Career Services specialty at Arapahoe Libraries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
50% PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Plans and develops District-wide career services and programs. Provides a wide spectrum of advisory services. Collaborates across departments in program development and promotion. Supplies web content for Arapahoe Libraries website and maintains Career & Job Help page on Arapahoe Libraries website.
25% STRATEGIC PLANNING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Research new trends in Career Services. Compiles data on the needs of job seekers from all age groups, cultural backgrounds, industries, and skills sets, and evaluates the results; conducts research to assist with decision-making; and makes recommendations for new initiatives or solutions to challenges. Anticipates challenges due to seasonal workflow, local labor market, emerging technology and evolving community dynamics; helps set priorities for adapting to systemic change. Advances professional knowledge and networking through attending and presenting at professional conferences and publishing in professional journals.
20% COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Identifies community resources, attends community meetings and events in order to build and maintain relationships. Outreaches to English Conversation Circles volunteers and English Language Acquisition teachers and students, provides library tours and class visits. Collaborates and builds relationships with the job and career organizations, networking groups. Promotes the use of library services to patrons with ethnically diverse backgrounds.
5% TRAINING AND MENTORING
Develops the knowledge, skill and ability of staff by providing training and informal mentoring in order expand their ability to serve patrons.
Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May participate in projects and operations not directly related to specialty, e.g. Summer Reading program, District-wide projects, committees and guilds work, etc.
- Two years of experience related to the specialty of this position such as training, practice or internships in career services; library, publishing house or bookstore experience; experience in community work with job seekers.
- Master of Library Science, Master of Library and Information Science degree, or similar library degree or ability to obtain degree within six months of hiring.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply to work the knowledge and understanding of job market and career planning trends.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of library and information science theory, information creation, organization, and delivery as it applies to the Arapahoe Library District.
- Ability to exhibit strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a remote team and a remote supervisor.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work independently under tight deadlines and prioritize various projects and requests.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of individuals with competing priorities.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations and youth from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills with cloud computing, various operating systems (such as Windows, IOS, Android, etc.) and various performance suites (such as MS Office, iWork, Google Suite, etc.) and ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Ability to comfortably present information in a clear and engaging manner in dealing with customers and colleagues one-on-one or in groups, in both formal and informal settings.
- Experience with developing and conducting instructional programs and services.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Experience with project management and planning.
- Experience with meeting facilitating.
- The essential duties for this position are performed in an indoor office environment.
- Moderate noise (computers, phones, printers and patron interactions).
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to travel to various facilities as needed.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Physical activities required to perform essential duties include:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75-100%of the time.
- Must be able to move around 50-75% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull a cart weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, reach and stoop 5% of the time.
This job description describes the general level of work being performed and is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties or aspects associated with the job, and may be amended anytime based on business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries. Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Health Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, Retirement Plan, Parental Leave, Time off program (Vacation, Sick, Holiday)
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center, funded by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resum