We’re hiring a detail oriented and organized team player to be an Administrative Coordinator supporting our executive leadership team. As part of the Administrative Support Unit, you will use your coordination skills to help manage projects, meetings and calendars. Your support will help meet department goals by ensuring projects are communicated and remains on schedule. You will evaluate and improve administrative processes, which will aid in the success of the leadership team. Use your expertise with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite to create quality work and deliver outstanding results. If you’re ready to contribute to the success of the Library, then this position may be for you!
- Provide organizational support and project coordination for the Library Executive Team.
- Be an active member and skilled communicator on assigned special task forces, during committee meetings, and collaborating on special projects.
- Customer Service: Uses high level customer service skills to determine the needs of external vendors, patrons, and other clients. Provide internal customer service through collaborative working relationships with the Directors Team, coworkers and other clients.
- Responsible for meeting/event planning, scheduling and maintaining calendars, taking meeting minutes, preparing and distributing documents and correspondence.
- Maintain effective knowledge of all relevant resources, software, computer tools and services available within the Library division(s) and ASU.
- Be a team member in the Administrative Support Unit (ASU).
- Processes confidential matters, greet visitors, and screens and directs telephone calls. Orders supplies and verifies deliveries. Maintains inventory of supplies. Distributes mail and documents. Posts agendas and schedules.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad