Tallyns Reach Library 23911 E Arapahoe Rd Aurora, Colorado 80016-4120
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The hiring range for this position is $13.65- $15.00
This is classified as VHNE (Variable Hour Non-Benefit Employee), where the selected candidate will work 20 hours per week. This is a variable hour non-benefited position to work variable hours, including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora! We are looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to strengthen our team of talented and valued employees. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values.
We have two divisions within the department which both offer a variety of free programs and services to the community.
- 7 locations
- Books, CDs, DVDs, magazines
- Database and language learning programs
- Public computers
- Study space
- Retirement centers and community events and programs or activities for all ages
- Aurora History Museum
- Aurora Fox Theater
- Bicentennial Arts Center
- Art in Public Places collection (over 240 commissioned pieces around the city)
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general library services to library customers in person or by phone
- Assists customers with materials check in, check out and other basic materials processing through computerized systems
- Answers basic customer questions and provides basic computer usage support to customers
- Shelves library materials
- Refers more complex customer needs to higher level library staff
- May work at various locations as needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & WORKING CONDITIONS
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 6 months of clerical experience including telephone and customer service experience
- Library background a plus
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, email and internet navigation)
- Able to work alone and be reliable in a self-supervised environment
- Ability to provide high quality customer service for customers and work effectively with fellow employees
- Use general office equipment including computers
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Available to work part-time hours during days, evenings and weekend
- Ability to have transportation to work at other locations or split shifts among locations when staffing
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- Keyboarding skills
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.
External Job Ad