Student Assistant V (Collection Management)
Auraria Library / University of Colorado Denver
The Collection Management and Discovery Division oversees the acquisition, cataloging, metadata, collections analysis, maintenance, and access to all of Auraria Library’s collections and resources. This position will have the opportunity to learn about Collection Management workflows and best practices, while working in a professional library environment.
- Check‐in and process periodicals and standing orders.
- Prepare & send periodicals to the bindery and process items returned from the bindery.
- Shelve legal materials, reference, and government publications.
- Review items for No Store.
- Book repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 5 hours a week during the 2023 Spring Semester, between 8am – 3:30pm either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday
Additional Info & Requirements
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: March 6, 2023.
- Enrolled in at least three credit hours at a higher education institution.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously.
- Experience using an integrated library system, including searching and identifying bibliographic, order, and check-in records.
- Currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program in Library and Information Science.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform without direct supervision except for infrequent occasions involving the most complex situations.
External Job Ad
Application Instructions: To apply, email a copy of your Spring 2023 course schedule, availability, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.