Wage: $16.98 - $19.96 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time (32 hours)
Closing Date: 3/13/2023 or until filled
Evening and weekend availability is required. Locations may vary and be updated if additional vacancies become available.
Purpose: The Customer Experience Associate performs customer service duties, assisting customers with self- directed activities, locating library materials, using the catalog, circulation assistance, and merchandising materials. This role serves as a first point of contact for customers and provides excellent customer service by actively building connections with guests and proactively serving a diverse population using our CARE service model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
90% Customer Service:
- Greets customers as they arrive at the library, supporting DCL’s mission of providing customers with a consistent, exceptional experience. Demonstrates tact, professionalism, and hospitality in all guest interactions.
- Takes ownership of the customer experience by consistently making connections and building relationships, offering premium and personalized service, and seeking shared solutions with both internal and external customers.
- Presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Provides directional assistance to customers.
- Proficiently performs circulation functions including login, check-in, check-out, placing holds and trace functions, collecting fines, customer registration, and issuing library cards. Adept at opening and closing procedures, and procedures that support branch operations.
- Provides basic technical assistance to customers utilizing DCL equipment.
- Connects customers with library services and community resources as opportunities arise.
- Provides proactive solutions to questions, offers guidance to access additional resources, and makes recommendations for further reading and viewing material.
- Assists in the delivery of branch activities, events, and programs.
- May, under guidance of the Youth and Family Services supervisor, be asked to perform storytimes using the ALA Every Child Ready to Read early literacy skills.
- Maintains the merchandising and hand-selling of library materials.
- Performs seamless customer handoffs in situations where advanced service is needed.
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with co-workers, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated, professional, outgoing, and engaging with customers, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Stays abreast of branch and DCL updates by reading emails, meeting minutes, message boards and attending department and branch meetings as assigned.
- Stays current on DCL policies, processes, procedures and technologies required to perform work duties.
- Promotes DCL’s culture of safety by following library safety guidelines and rules. Practices effective personal and branch safety.
- Engages in the DCL performance feedback system and completes the expectations outlined by your supervisor and department/division.
- Maintains knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Products, and DCL software and platforms.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year customer service experience or volunteer experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and utilization of online platforms and websites
- Associate’s degree or higher
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have a reliable method of transportation between all DCL locations. Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and for extended periods. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org.
Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change
External Job Ad