Wage: $18.62 - $21.89 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time (up to 32 hours)
Closing Date: 3/13/2023 or until filled
Evening and weekend availability is required. Locations may vary and be updated if additional vacancies become available.
Purpose: The Customer Experience Associate II performs customer service duties, assisting customers with technology training, finding library materials, using the catalog, circulation assistance, readers’ advisory, and merchandising materials. This role serves as a first point of contact for customers and provides excellent customer service by actively building connections with guests and proactively serving a diverse population using our CARE Service model. The Customer Experience Associate II also serves as the Person-in-Charge (PIC) on an as-needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
80% Customer Service:
- Greets customers as they arrive at the library, supporting DCL’s mission of providing customers with a consistent, exceptional experience. Demonstrates tact, professionalism, and hospitality in all guest interactions.
- Takes ownership of the customer experience by consistently making connections and building relationships, offering premium and personalized service, and seeking shared solutions with both internal and external customers.
- Presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Proficiently performs circulation functions including login, check-in, check-out, placing holds and trace functions, collecting fines, customer registration, and issuing library cards. Adept at opening and closing procedures, and procedures that support branch operations.
- Connects customers with library services and community resources on the library floor or in the Call Center as opportunities arise.
- Provides technical assistance to customers with computers, eReaders, and smartphones. Additional technical abilities to assist with the Recording Studio, and audio/visual equipment in meeting rooms.
- Provides proactive solutions to questions, offers guidance to access additional resources, and makes recommendations for further reading and viewing material.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of branch activities, cross-departmental projects, and services.
- Maintains the merchandising and hand-selling of library materials.
- Assists the division with the execution of library services such as storytime, technology tutoring, book club facilitation, and the Call Center.
- Serves on branch, department, or district committees on an as-needed basis.
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with co-workers, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated, professional, outgoing, and engaging with customers, volunteers, and vendors.
- Serves on an as-needed basis as the Person-in-Charge (PIC).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Stays abreast of branch and DCL updates by reading emails, meeting minutes, message boards and attending department and branch meetings as assigned.
- Stays current on DCL policies, processes, procedures and technologies required to perform work duties.
- Promotes DCL’s culture of safety by following library safety guidelines and rules. Practices effective personal and branch safety.
- Maintains knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Products, and DCL software and platforms.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees through demonstrating skills and procedures.
- Must successfully complete DCL’s Person-in-Charge (PIC) training within 6 months of start date.
- Must work 20 or more hours per week.
- Engages in the DCL performance feedback system and completes the expectations outlined by your supervisor and department/division.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of customer service experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, utilization of online platforms and websites, and other industry related software
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree
- Two years of customer service experience, including at least 6 months of CEA experience at DCL
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have a reliable method of transportation between all DCL locations. Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and for extended periods. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org.
Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change
External Job Ad