As our FT Library Safety Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safety and security of the library facility. You will support a welcoming environment for the whole community in alignment with our code of conduct policy and customer service philosophy. Under supervision from the Librarian III: Operations Manager, this position supports the Library mission by ensuring the safety of customers and staff and compliance with the Library's policies while also supporting the provision of library services through direct customer service. You will also support our services by creating positive experiences for library customers by checking out and returning books, registering customers for library cards, placing holds/ordering books and other library materials from other libraries, answering customer questions and concerns about circulation matters, and assisting with technology in our computer lab.
This full-time exempt position generally works evenings and weekends.
Candidates with Spanish language skills are encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Exceptional City Provided Benefits:
- 100% City-paid Medical, Dental, Vision (up to $25,980 annually for family coverage)
- 401A Retirement Plan (10.2% City, 8% Employee, immediately 100% vested upon hire)
- Life Insurance (One year’s salary up to $150,000. AD&D coverage in equal amount)
- Tuition Assistance (up to $5000 per year for approved expenses)
- Employee Assistance Program (free counseling, travel assistance, legal aid, etc)
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Bilingual Pay
- Deferred Compensation and Roth Options
- Voluntary Life Insurance/AD&D
- Identity Theft Program
- City/Employee Voluntarily Funded Hardship Fund
- Recreation Center Pass
- Wellness Punch Card (100 punches per year to use at golf course, waterpark, etc)
- First year employees will accrue 80 hours Vacation
- Sick Leave
- 24 hours Floating Holiday Leave
- 11.5 paid City holidays
- Other leave programs are offered to include FMLA, Parental and Bereavement Leave
The Lafayette Public Library serves a population of approximately 29,000 residents and is a member of the Flatirons Library Consortium. The Library has a committed staff dedicated to facilitating equal access to services, community building, innovation, intellectual freedom, literacy, and lifelong learning. Each member of our Library team is integral to the success of our organization. We value vision, hard work, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
Candidates with Spanish language skills strongly encouraged to apply.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
1290 South Public Road
Human Resources Office - 2nd Floor
Lafayette, Colorado, 80026-1612