Database Maintenance Receiving & Processing Assistant
Jefferson County Public Library
Wheat Ridge, CO
The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Database Maintenance Receiving & Processing Collections Assistant provides core Library service through access points to library materials through our catalog. Ensures quality control of receiving, cataloging, authority control and processing of materials purchased for the JCPL collection. Ensures JCPL materials are received, reconciled with invoices and processed for circulation.
This position is located at the Library Service Center in Wheat Ridge, CO.
This full-time position is eligible for benefits.
- DATABASE MAINTENANCE & ITEM LINKING: Provides support for the cataloging functions of JCPL. Creates item and volume records as needed for non-shelf-ready materials. Performs limited modifications to bibliographic records following standard library procedures. Prepares labels for non-shelf-ready materials as needed. Ensures deadlines and street dates are met. Performs quality checks on item records for shelf-ready materials. Links patron holds to items and processes item for routing. Moves loaded book trucks throughout the building. Performs some circulation functions. Assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of JCPL’s bibliographic database by executing changes to the catalog as directed by Librarians. Communicates with JCPL staff concerning database activities and special projects requiring the recall and re-labeling of materials. Participates in ongoing improvements to JCPL’s on-line cataloging module. Assists in the evaluation and testing of system upgrades and new products.
- RECEIVING: Receives, unpacks library materials and reconciles invoices. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the receiving function. Communicates discrepancies to lead. Prioritizes materials and forwards them to the proper departments. Checks in serials and prepares them for distribution to the library branches. Submits claims for damaged materials and shipments. Runs various reports as needed. Maintains files, paper and electronic. Participates in ongoing improvements and tests to JCPL's receiving and invoicing modules, future modules, programs and procedures.
- PROCESSING: Monitors quality of shelf-ready processing performed by vendors. Tracks and reports vendor performance issues. Performs processing for non-shelf-ready materials, including periodicals to prepare library materials for circulation. Participates in collection maintenance work. Collects and reports work statistics as needed. Prepares and applies replacement artwork for audio-visual materials.
- OPERATIONAL DUTIES: Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad