Support Services in Northglenn
Job title: Building Doctor – Part customer relations, Part materials handling, Part fix-it STAT team (Special tools and tactics)
Business Unit: Facilities
Pay range: $20-$23 per hour
Job type: Full-time; non-exempt; benefited
Passion for our product is a value you take seriously, and you understand that our buildings are just as much our product as the materials you deliver as our courier between branches. Getting those materials onto our shelves and into our customer's hands is a top priority. You are the mover and shaker of the district; not only transporting materials but also ensuring their homes – the library buildings themselves – always look fantastic.
Our spaces are built for people, but just like people they need attention. You look out for the health and wellness of our buildings. As our customers walk into our facilities, there is an obvious pride in ownership, a building that glows in good health. You take pride to make sure our buildings are gorgeous, clean and in good repair. From the minute our customers enter the parking lot to their last views as they exit the lobby, the building shines.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
• You love driving, stereo on, windows down – all that is missing is the dog in the passenger seat to make your world complete.
• You are handy, with a love for fixing things.
• You have an extensive toolbox and knowledge of gadgets people haven't even heard of.
• You are a responsible driver, with a clean driving record; you stay calm under pressure and think about driving safely above all else.
• You have an approachable style with people; you listen and take the initiative to meet the district's needs.
• You're excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
• You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you'll love:
• You understand the delivery of materials is a vital part of our customer service and are a pro at sorting, organizing and getting our bins of materials to their correct destinations.
• You take ownership for your assigned library buildings and take pride in their maintenance.
• You do your rounds daily on our properties – picking up trash and identifying needs, such as landscaping issues, security issues, and building enhancements.
• You are the wizard of emergency maintenance, the "stuff happens" fix-it person; you're the one that will get the call to come save the day.
• You are an explorer of facilities problems at the branches and are part of the team to respond to any open requests; you follow up on your assigned open items and have a flexible attitude as building priorities shift.
• You are a genius when it comes to efficiencies, always looking for ways to streamline maintenance and courier processes to make them easier, effective and efficient.
• You have a mind for safety. You ensure our buildings are in safe repair and follow safety guidelines as you perform repairs. You know when you should call in a team member to help with heavy lifting or touch-up repairs at the branch.
• You enjoy being on the move; you will lift, stretch and push with muscles you didn't even know you had.
• You are organized; people always tell you your garage is cleaner than their house; there's a system for how you maintain order of your van. Everything is in its place.
• You have willingness and a positive attitude to change direction when the day requires it. You even make special deliveries.
• Being a safe and courteous driver is your top priority when driving district vehicles. You perform all of the safety checks for your vehicle to ensure it is ready to hit the road, including logging mileage and keeping maintenance vehicles tuned and in great shape.
• You have great ideas to share on district committees.
• You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
• You have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and strong sense of responsibility.
• You are knowledgeable in construction trades, including preventative maintenance, plumbing, painting, dry-wall repair and basic electrical duties.
• High school degree, some college preferred
• Computer literacy with MS Office and Excel proficiency preferred
• You are up for a physically demanding job as you transport materials, climb ladders and need the overall stamina to load and unload bins of materials weighing up to 50 pounds each.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being "on the move" in our libraries: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 150 pounds, and lift up to 75 pounds.
Scheduling may include variable hours and weekends.
Why Anythink? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in keeping our buildings gorgeous and our customers happy. Our buildings will be inviting and customers will want to make this their home away from home. Your buildings will have you smile with pride. You are the key in getting our materials transported from branch to branch. As customers browse our beautiful collections and pick up their holds, you are proud to know you are the person that was part of making that happen. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team please visit the Job Center on our website and apply online.