Technical Information Specialist (Collections / Webmaster / LSP)
Boulder Labs Library, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
The Boulder Labs Library, serving Department of Commerce research for NOAA, NIST and NTIA, is recruiting a GS-11/12-equivalent professional Technical Information Specialist. The TIS will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the leader and main contact point for electronic information tools, services, and OCLC World Share Management Services (WMS). Streamline procedures and workflows for making the Library's electronic collections discoverable and accessible. Maintain, customize, and develop new features in WMS for the delivery of library content. Serve as library webmaster to ensure website is kept updated and new features added. Use statistical software to monitor usage.
- Develop an evidence-based collection assessment program and communicate findings to stakeholders. Conduct strategic planning and decision making for print and electronic collections to include selection and deselection.
- Oversee library acquisitions operations. Manage the ordering and renewal of electronic resources. Work with library resource vendors to identify new resources and conduct market research. Market, assist, and instruct staff and patrons on the use of electronic information products, software and systems. Conduct access and IT process troubleshooting for WMS and online resources.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Eligible for telework.
Boulder Laboratories Library provides services to Department of Commerce components in a nine state region. Agencies served include NOAA, NIST & NTIA.
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Earth Systems Research Laboratories (ESRL) with 1 vacancy in Boulder, CO.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR ESRL-23-11929093-ST, which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
Applicants must possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZA-2 or GS-9 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Providing support for technical information services in a library supporting scientific or technical research.
- Supporting use and management of a library service platform (LSP), integrated library system (ILS), or associated systems such as Open URL resolvers and proxy access systems, including adding or modifying items in a library's collection, managing eResource holdings, creating stored searches, and implementing new systems.
Announcement number: OAR ESRL-23-11929092-DE
Control number: 721564300
External Job Ad
Agency contact information