ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Instruction and Research Librarian
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Summary: Supporting the developing research skills of a diverse student population, the Instruction and Research Librarian employs dynamic approaches to advance information literacy in alignment with academic standards via course-integrated instruction, virtual and scheduled reference, workshops, outreach, and the creation of a variety of online learning objects. Under the guidance of the Head of Instruction Librarian, the librarian provides high quality, student-centered learning experiences for on-campus and distance-based students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other related duties may be assigned):
Support on-campus and online students, faculty, and staff through individual consultations, chat, email, and regularly scheduled reference hours (typically one shift per day, one evening per week, and weekend rotations), and using a wide range of physical and virtual resources.
Provide an engaging, professional, and service-oriented experience for library patrons, including university faculty and staff.
Create information literacy curricula and assignment-specific student learning outcomes geared toward developing research and critical thinking skills.
Seek active partnerships with fellow librarians, teaching faculty, and other program staff, and make recommendations on course design, assignments, and instruction.
Serve as a Library Liaison to assigned academic departments by providing information literacy instruction; coordinating relevant acquisitions with department faculty; and preparing collection and service assessments for new courses, new programs, and accreditation reviews.
Develop and maintain research guides, videos/tutorials, and other digital learning objects to support students' information literacy in assigned liaison areas and university wide.
Serve on Library and University committees, working groups, and consortia related to areas of responsibility.
Represent the Library to outside vendors and colleagues.
• An ALA-accredited master's degree in Library Science.
• Instruction and reference experience in an academic environment.
• Deep awareness of current developments in the library profession, especially national standards and guidelines for information literacy instruction and practices.
• Familiarity with instructional technology.
• Familiarity with assessment practices, preferably within an academic library setting.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, persuasively, and collegially with administrators, faculty, staff and public.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of sound organizational skills.
• Demonstrated creativity to problem solve and initiative to tackle tasks and projects.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective and appropriate decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
Salary: $49,000.00 - 51,500.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package: https://www.coloradomesa.edu/human-resources/faculty-staff/index.html
Department: Colorado Mesa University
Employment Type: Administrative
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 5/21/2023.
How to Apply: Applicants will be asked to complete an online application by creating a profile and then providing personal and demographic information. In addition, please be prepared to upload a:
• Cover letter
• Include the name, phone number, email address and relationship of at least three professional references who can attest to your ability to perform the job you are applying for. Professional references should include at least one current or former supervisor. Professional reference may also include current or former employers, colleagues or other professionals who have first-hand knowledge and can recommend you for employment.
• Copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (if your transcripts include a social security number or birthdate, please redact that information before uploading the document. Official transcripts will be required upon hire)
Direct Inquiries Contact: Sylvia Rael, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT COLORADO MESA UNIVERSITY
Colorado Mesa University provides exceptional educational opportunities on a state-of-the-art campus located in Grand Junction. As western Colorado's largest university, CMU serves students on its main campus in Grand Junction, its satellite campus in Montrose, its community college, Western Colorado Community College and via online offerings. Founded in 1925, it's a dynamic university enrolling more than 11,000 students at the associate, baccalaureate and graduate levels.
At the heart of the CMU experience is an integrative and experiential approach to higher education that encourages students to think differently and empowers them to challenge assumptions. CMU brings students together with expert scholars and thinkers from different disciplines to make connections between ideas and gain the skills to solve the unstructured, complex problems they'll encounter in life. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core that support students' interests and regional employment needs, as well as technical programs that respond to vocational workforce demands.
The Grand Valley is home to some of the best outdoor recreation in the state of Colorado and you won't have to fight traffic and crowds to enjoy it. CMU is surrounded by the Grand Mesa, Book Cliffs and the Colorado National Monument. We have world-class mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, and rafting. In addition to a mountain resort that's less than 45 minutes from campus for skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing. Living and working in Grand Junction, you will be able to explore one of Colorado's best kept secrets.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the CMU Human Resources Office by phone or email. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed.
Colorado Mesa University
Attn: Human Resources Office
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4127803
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
External Job Ad