The Howard B. Waltz Music Library at University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a Branch Operation Manager! The Branch Operation Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and services of the Music Library, a branch library located within the College of Music building. The Manager supervises the daily services by ensuring proper staffing, scheduling, training, work assignments, procedure setting, performance evaluation, payroll preparation, building and facilities operations, and overall workflow of the branch is properly maintained. This position provides circulation and reference service to meet patron research needs, anticipates the needs of the library’s daily workflow and patrons, and applies library science principles to independent decision-making. This role is expected to take a user-centered approach to improvements in the spaces, services, and service points, and analyze branch statistics to evaluate service and facilities’ needs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
What You Should Know
- This position works mostly business hours with some adjustments responding to scheduling needs. Work is primarily conducted on-site.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $50,000 - $53,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Additional Info & Requirements
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university. Appropriate experience may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Three years of relevant, professional experience in Libraries (or closely related field) providing customer service. A Master's of Library and Information Science can substitute for two years of experience.
What You Will Need
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently and with teams.
- Ability to exercise good judgment consistent with Libraries policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of trends and standard processes in providing research assistance in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of tools and approaches for conducting in-depth research.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Adept at office technologies and facilities management.
- Capable of managing competing demands and flexibly responding to challenges.
- Able to perform duties independently through applying library science principles and job-acquired skills to solve complex problems and offer user-centered solutions.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Undergraduate degree in music.
- Coursework or training in Library and Information Science.
- Experience conducting research assistance in an academic research library setting.
- Experience with scheduling or managing a service point Supervisory experience.
- Commitment to cultivating an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Evidence of a strong service orientation and demonstrated commitment to a user centered approach to library support services.
Who We Are
We are a knowledge catalyst. We fuel inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
An information-empowered world.
Empower | Connect | Learn | Inspire
Our values define our interactions within the Libraries and radiate outwardly. This means that we develop a culture that compassionately and authentically embodies our values in all aspects of our work.
We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual, and physical environment for all. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusivity.
The University Libraries encourages applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. As you review the qualifications, please think about how your qualifications are transferable if (at first) they do not seem directly related. Share how your skills translate in your cover letter. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our preferred qualifications described
External Job Ad
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu