If you delight in the growth of others, if you yearn to make a positive difference in the lives of your community, you just may have found your dream job - Branch Manager at Glenwood Springs Branch Library.
The Garfield County Public Library District (GCPLD) is a well-funded library district in the stunning Western Slope of Colorado. Each of our six distinct municipalities has its own, relatively new library, open seven days a week. Over the next few years, we'll be tackling some key initiatives, and each of our Branch Managers will be essential to their accomplishment. Among them are:
- Retooling our libraries to increase engagement with library and community resources, incorporating emerging and established technologies to liberate staff time for more meaningful and transformative interactions
- Cultivating a well-developed collection that is inclusive of the needs and interests of all segments of our communities
- Empowering our staff to provide excellent service, ensuring they have the tools and resources needed, and fostering an environment that encourages continuing development across all positions, joy for the work, and a passion for excellence.
The right person for this position shares our commitment to our values: Community, Inclusivity, Trustworthiness, Accountability, and Service.
We're poised for greatness. Would you like to join us?
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Relevant bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of four (4) years of education and experience, and;
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible library experience, of which at least two (2) years should be in a lead, supervisory, or management capacity.
Additionally, the following is preferred:
- Master of Library Science degree (MLS), Master of Library Information Science (MLIS), or other relevant master's degree.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $69,627 - $88,864, with actual pay placement dependent on qualifications and experience. Our generous benefits package includes 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance, education assistance to help with student loan debt and ongoing tuition costs, Employer contribution of up to 6% into your retirement plan, opportunities and encouragement to invest in your professional development by attending conferences and continuing education, and paid time off to enjoy all that comes with living in beautiful Garfield County!
Preference will be given to applications received by May 19, 2023, this position is open until filled.
Please read our job description for more information.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Medical, dental, vision; retirement contribution; education assistance
The town of Carbondale is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains at an altitude of 6,171 feet. World class ski resorts, including Aspen, Snowmass and Sunlight, are located within 45 miles of this charming community. Carbondale residents enjoy a lively arts and music community, great dining, community gatherings and a wide range of economic, social and philosophical viewpoints.
Denver, the Mile High City, is 170 miles to the east of Carbondale and offers a wide variety of entertainment & sporting events, restaurants, shopping and is home to Denver International Airport.
Garfield County encompasses a geographical area of almost 3,000 square miles of which approximately 60% is federal public lands, and the furthest towns are 60 miles apart from each other. The population density is 19 people per square mile.
Our communities are located in beautiful valleys surrounded by high mountain desert, snowy Rocky Mountains, and several amazing tributaries of the Colorado River. A big reason people choose to live in Garfield County is the abundance of outdoor activities, including biking, skiing, soaking in hot springs, fishing, camping, and more.
External Job Ad
Kim Owens, Human Resources Manager