Textbook Affordability Librarian, Assistant Professor (Contract Renewable)
University of Northern Colorado
The University of Northern Colorado Libraries seeks a collaborative and engaged librarian to further develop, lead, and support efforts around UNC’s Affordable and Open Education Resources (AOER) initiatives . This is a faculty contract renewable position that reports to the Head of Scholarly Communication. As a member of the Scholarly Communication Department, the Textbook Affordability Librarian works closely with their department, within the Libraries, and the campus to create and expand partnerships to promote open, free to students, and affordable course content throughout the University of Northern Colorado.
As a public university committed to its community and social justice, the UNC Textbook Affordability Librarian plays a key role in supporting students by helping to remove unnecessary financial barriers and promoting both the equity and culturally responsive aspects of AOER.
The Textbook Affordability Librarian must be ready to and/or interested in professional development to successfully engage in the following activities:
· Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and assessing the campus initiative by collaborating with campus partners and as a standing member of the AOER Committee.
· Collaborate with instructors in the identification, adoption, creation, and assessment of open and affordable course content, and work with campus partners to evaluate and report on the impact of affordable and open educational resources.
· Provide consultation services, workshops, online tools, and outreach related to OER, free to students, and affordable course materials.
· Coordinate OER state grant programs implemented at UNC and investigate additional funding opportunities to increase textbook affordability at UNC.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively, work collaboratively, and prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects at one time. This position offers opportunities for innovation in the areas of AOER and leadership. The individual in this position contributes to department scholarly communication projects and provides some general information literacy instruction and research consultations for our campus.
This is a faculty-level contract renewable position with an expectation of scholarly activity and/or service. Information about the University Libraries and the Scholarly Communication department is available at https://www.library.unco.edu/ and https://www.unco.edu/library/services/schol-comm/
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Benefits available include health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement plans. Dependents and spouses of UNC Employees who are employed at 0.5 FTE or above are eligible for undergraduate dependent tuition grants of up to 50%. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Additional Info & Requirements
|Minimum Qualifications||Candidates must meet all minimum qualifications in order to advance in the search process.|
· Earned master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library institution. If in progress, the master’s degree must be completed by 8/31/23
· A minimum of one year library work experience
· Evidence of oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of open education
· Experience facilitating work with open educational and free-to-students resources
· Experience with informal or formal leadership roles
· Experience working in an academic environment
· Experience with consulting, teaching, and outreach
· Record of scholarly presentation, published writing, or other related activity
· Experience writing grant proposals
· Experience managing grant funding
External Job Ad
HR Contact: Jennifer Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Review of applications will begin on May 29, 2023