The Data analyst is responsible for organizing processes and monitoring data analytics of a complex nature from several sources. Orchestrates communication between various internal and external partner agencies as to ensure effective delivery of services to staff and customers. Utilizes extensive knowledge of databases and reporting tools to create and process variety of metrics, trends and special requested reports for the Department and Division. Collaborates with managers and staff to assure accurate data reporting. Provides maintenance of the various data collection and analysis tools. Works independently or as part of a team to complete special projects that enhance the overall effectiveness of the Department and Division.
Hiring Range: $54,978.32 - $70,097.36 Annually.
- Performs report creation to include: data extraction, creation, coordination and maintenance of all related and/or required reports for current and projected Department and Division goals and demands. This includes: gathering data, extraction of data, formatting data into useable reports, analyzing, interpreting and validating data. Provides ongoing maintenance and delivery of reports. Presents complex data both in written and oral formats in clear and concise terms. Reviews reported data, reviewing for abnormalities to correct reporting and data errors and/or root causes.
- Maintains proficiencies in systems and applications required to collect, extract, and analyze complex data, reporting requirements. May additionally provide instructions, guidance and other support to staff according to proficiency level. Ensure systems are working, troubleshoot and maintain system requirements, and adapt to changing technology and keep updates current and useful across multiple platforms.
- Submit and track required statistics and reporting from and to multiple systems. Based on location of position, may submit and track security and access requests.
- Coordinates with management and other program leaders to implement program and policy objectives and formulate short and long-range goals. Manages support service activities of the organization by setting priorities and developing strategies to achieve the Department and Division goals. Ensures that performance measures are integrated to achieve desired strategic outcomes. Serves as a resource for staff; advises managers on issues related to data analytics and works to identify emerging trends and develop focused solutions using appropriate strategies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Business Administration/Management, Statistics, Computer Science OR Commensurate professional experience.
Required – 3 years’ relevant work experience.
Preferred – Proficiency in using data visualization and reporting tools.
Preferred – Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and autonomously.
Preferred – Advanced communication skills demonstrated in work experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad