The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right.
We are looking for an innovative and dynamic individual to join the Adult Services Team as an Adult Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will collaborate with our Programming team and locations with system-wide programming for adults at all stages of their lives, based on analytics, and in partnership with agencies and community groups. They will also coach and mentor location librarians in assessing adult program attendance numbers and collection use to ensure that JCPL is meeting adult patron needs. They will be adept at community outreach and finding ways for JCPL to be a community partner, with a focus on business outreach and sharing library resources. There is an expectation of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity being provided in all endeavors, with a special focus on aging initiatives. This person will be supporting existing partnerships and building new ones throughout Jefferson County.
Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Hiring Range - $52,274.90 - $66,650.50.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library service and trends in customer service. Models best behavior practices for customer service. Creates condition for a quality customer experience in their core service system-wide. Recommends Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas. Implements industry best practices for merchandising, labeling and promoting Library resources as directed. Implements quality assurance methods in programs presented system-wide. Coordinates promotion of programs to target audiences. Conducts outreach into the community as directed. Maintains a safe environment for staff and public.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Coordinates system-wide services in core Library functions. Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives and coordinates these teams in area of focus. Applies input from community for creating and implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks. Applies established industry benchmarks in service creation and provision as directed. Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to identify new services for development and implementation system-wide. Provides quality assurance in programs presented in their area of responsibility, including off-site locations. Coordinates promotion of programs to target audiences. Routinely provides direct customer service occasionally in non-routine situations.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Participates in special assignments such as prototyping new services. Supervises short-term projects outside typical area of responsibility.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provides input for core service budget. Audits spending per established procedures and limits. Participates in annual planning for library services. Provides input for anticipated local and system needs. Communicates goals and strategic priorities to staff system-wide and volunteers under their supervision.
- LEADERSHIP & TEAMWORK: Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives. Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad