We are hiring an organized and detail oriented individual to join our Page team at Golden Library! You will ensure library materials are shelved accurately and create a positive and inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Your work will be with staff and volunteers and you will contribute to the care of the library collection. If you are ready to make a positive impact on the Library's success, then this part time, benefitted position may be the job for you!
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
Starting wage for this position is $14.07
This position will be scheduled 20 hours per week, and eligible to select additional shifts up to 40 hour per week at their discretion.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Participates in tasks such as creating high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Instructs patrons in use of self-check-out machines and regularly uses the automatic material handling systems. Processes materials including but not limited to checking library materials in/out. Processes holds and routes materials to other locations as needed. Performs basic author/title and informational searches. Prepares items to be shelved or repaired etc. Maintains records, processes materials and assists with various equipment. Along with Operations or supervisor, determines status of damaged materials. Maintains a variety of computer and tangible files and generates requests as needed for daily maintenance of library computers.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Answers in-person inquiries, helps patrons locate needed materials and refers patron to other appropriate assistance. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards. Notifies operations or other supervisor(s) of problems as non-routine situations arise. Uses library computer systems & automated equipment. Submits records and reports as required by library management.
- MERCHANDISING: Participates in the design/creation of displays and informational/directional aids. Ensures access to all materials both physical and digital. Assists with the general appearance and safety of the location.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Builds and maintains current knowledge of the library profession by utilizing electronic and physical resources. Stays current on new trends and technologies by participating in trainings and other development activities. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces as assigned. Suggests best practices and procedures for pages. May assist in coordinating the work of volunteers. Keeps current on library policies and procedures relevant to division and library as a whole. Monitors adherence to Library policies procedure and/or communicates polices to patrons as necessary.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Minimum age: 16, as of the date of your application.
Ability to stand, bend, crouch, stretch, and push book carts for four or more hours in this physical job.
Ability to exert 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Available to work 20 hours per week which may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Can work up to 40 hours per week volunteering for additional shifts.
Page shifts are 4 hours/day but could be scheduled up to 8 hours/day.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad