Please apply at: https://www.pueblolibrary.org/EMPLOYMENT
Pueblo City-County Library District is conducting a search for an ILS Administrator at our Rawlings library! In this position, you will be part of an award-winning Library District that serves an integral role in the Pueblo community. Pueblo, Colorado is one of Colorado's hidden gems! A hometown vibe under big open skies, Pueblo has a lot to offer including our Historic Arkansas Riverwalk, Lake Pueblo State Park, the Colorado State Fair and an abundance of hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing and golfing opportunities!
The ILS Administrator operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the library’s mission by configuring, maintaining, and managing the software of the ILS that controls the library’s collection, circulation, and customer accounts. The ILS Administrator also manages all library mobile devices included but not limited to Chromebooks, Hotspots, and iPads.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Services and works as a team member within this environment. The position also works closely with ILS and device stakeholders to oversee the effectiveness of the ILS and devices in meeting the needs of the staff and public. The position provides excellent customer service demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with people regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, ability level or background. Builds good working relationships with vendors. Networks with other systems and device librarians to stay current on industry trends.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, improves and oversees upgrades of the library’s ILS and related applications including the Discovery layer.
- Monitors systems and responds to incidents to ensure patron confidentiality and system integrity and availability.
- Utilizes a comprehensive understanding of public library operations and principles to configure the ILS and related systems to be as responsive as possible in assisting in the delivery of library services.
- Acts as the principal liaison between PCCLD and ILS and Mobile Device vendors.
- Provides troubleshooting support to library patrons and employees.
- Develops and promotes staff training and awareness of both existing and new products via demonstrations, email, phone calls, and onsite visits.
- Analyzes, creates specifications and leads deployment of new applications or technologies related to the ILS.
- Develops system wide reports; runs ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Processes new devices including orders, shipments, unboxing, cataloging, marketing and preparation for circulation.
- Works with vendors and Finance to maintain consistent billing protocol with current devices, charges for data usage and software licensing.
- Work with IT to maintain devices for circulation that include uploading new devices into management software.
- Monitors and reports usage statistics and budgetary outcomes for billing for ECF.
- Maintains ILS (KOHA) records pertaining to all devices.
- This position will be assigned the role of Person in Charge (PIC) at the Rawlings Library on a regular basis to respond to any escalated customer service, emergency, or security issues and will work closely with the security officer on duty.
- Supports team efforts to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and staff through awareness of surroundings and working in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Attends All Staff Development Days and other training sessions to acquire new skills and to stay current on all information that is pertinent to PCCLD.
- Reads daily organizational communications from Intranet, e-mail, newsletters and print announcements. Stays current on all library services, programs and events throughout the district. Regularly accesses electronic time keeping, payroll and employee access systems.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Hiring Salary Range:
$55,000 - $60,000 annual; $2,115.40 - $2,307.69 bi-weekly
PCCLD offers health insurance including a tele-health service, dental and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans, employer paid life insurance, and 401(k) and PERA retirement plans. The library district provides paid leave in the form of 11 paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal paid time off.
Additional Info & Requirements
Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association is required.
A minimum of three (3) years of related experience with a demonstrated comprehensive understanding of library operations and principles, including thorough knowledge within a library ILS.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with or managing mobile devices
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires experience working with a library ILS.
- Requires proficient computer skills with the ability to use advanced features of the ILS and other library-related technology.
- Requires demonstrated analytical skills, ability to conduct research, compile statistics and analyze processes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make presentations and provide technology training.
- Demonstrates good judgment, professionalism and proper business etiquette in all interactions.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates courtesy and interest in providing high quality service to customers (both internal and external) with the ability to resolve issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to conduct complex reference interviews, to analyze requests and to apply research skills to locate specialized information or provide customers with alternative sources.
- Ability to use independent judgment within procedural boundaries. Ability to function under flexible and changing conditions
Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pueblo City-County Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Pueblo is located in southeastern Colorado and is the most populous city of Pueblo County with roughly 150,000 people. One of the largest steel-producing cities in the U.S., Pueblo is sometimes referred to as the “Steel City”. The climate is enjoyable year round with outdoor activities available for every season. Located between rivers and mountains, Pueblo also offers visitors and residents scenic beauty in which to indulge.
Lake Pueblo and Other Water Recreation Lake Pueblo State Park, the most visited state park in Colorado, is an aquatic hot spot, with more than 60 miles of shoreline and 4,500 acres of surface water for boating and fishing.
Pueblo is a multicultural community at the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek. Downtown's 1.5-mile Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project serves as a centerpiece for the city's three-district Creative Corridor of galleries, cultural destinations and events. One such festival, the hugely popular Loaf ‘N Jug Chile & Frijoles Festival, celebrates Pueblo's famous green chiles. While there's definitely a sense of history here — Pueblo made Livability.com's Top 10 Cities for Historic Preservation list, the city enjoys contemporary recognition on both national and international levels as the home of Colorado State University-Pueblo (2014 NCAA Division II Football National Champions) and Professional Bull Riders, Inc.
Apply on-line from our website: www.pueblolibrary.org/employment