The Auraria Library is a busy, urban, nearly 160,000-square-foot building built in 1976. In 2016, the Library completed a six-year, $32.8 million renovation that included significant upgrades to both the Library’s infrastructure and learning spaces.
Facilities Program Manager participates in the design, development, implementation, coordination, support, and maintenance of Auraria Library facilities. In addition, this position is responsible for operational planning and analysis related to the Auraria Library, including construction projects.
The Facilities Program Manager acts as a project manager and serves as a liaison between the Auraria Library and Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC), CU Denver, and external contractors for issues related to facilities and emergency preparedness. This position advises Library leadership on facility issues and proposes solutions to construction and maintenance problems.
This position also serves as the building administrator and is responsible for efficient and effective management of Auraria Library facilities including overseeing and/or implementing facility renovations and new construction, gathering, and analyzing data on space allocation and utilization, fulfilling daily maintenance and custodial requests, and overseeing facility access processes.
This position is a member of the Administrative and Operational Services Division.
Project Management & External Relations:
Facility Administration & Operations:
Emergency Preparedness and Safety:
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $65,000 - $70,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
FLSA Status: Not eligible for overtime (exempt).
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Additional Info & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in planning, business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 years professional level experience in a related field, however prior experience in facilities, project or property management is preferred.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 2 years of professional-level experience in facilities management.
- Certification in a facilities-related trade.
- Emergency management experience.
- Ability to develop, interpret and evaluate data, evaluate policies, and exercise good judgment in the application, interpretation, and communication of policies procedures, rules, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and complete complex projects with multiple deadlines and schedules.
- Understanding of campus construction and special project process.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Facilities Services, Emergency Preparedness, and Risk Management.
- Ability to manage and facilitate the resolution of conflict between various units.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the CU Marketplace system or a similar online purchasing and payment processing system.
- Demonstrated ability to work with CU Denver’s Web-Space inventory system, Archibus, and/or a similar space inventory software.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The University of Colorado Denver is the state’s premier public urban research university and equity-serving institution. Globally connected and locally invested, CU Denver partners with future-focused learners and communities to design accessible, relevant, transformative educational experiences for every stage of life and career. Across eight schools and colleges in the heart of downtown Denver, our leading faculty inspires and works alongside students to solve complex challenges through boundary-breaking innovation and impactful research and creative work. As part of the state’s largest university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with 2,000 employees and annual economic impact of more than $800 million. For more information, visit www.ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration, please submit the following document(s): 1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position 2. Curriculum vitae / Resume 3. Professional references including name, address, phone number, and email addressQuestions should be addressed to Dawn Zoni at email@example.com
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2023. Applications received after this date may not be considered.