We are hiring a reliable and equable individual to join our facilities team as the Safety and Security Support Technician. The Safety and Support Technician will support the Safety and Support Coordinator in meeting with vendors, controlling building access, reviewing security data and collecting information for security and incident reporting.
This is a part time (20 hours/week) position.
This position is NOT eligible for benefits.
This is position is not patron-facing.
We anticipate a starting wage of $21.00/hour.
- Coordinates with external vendors & assists scheduling services at our library locations.
- Meets vendors and external technicians at locations and supervises their access to buildings during service appointments.
- Responds to service alerts from fire & intrusion safety systems. Resolves alerts coordinating with technicians over the phone and in person.
- Reviews security footage in response to incident claims and reports.
- Collects data and video/photo evidence for incident reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Position requires travel to all library locations. Most service appointments will be scheduled in advanced but may occasionally include traveling to locations with little notice.
Travel expected in your vehicle at a mileage reimbursement rate of $0.625/mile.
Meeting with Vendors requires being on-site at library locations. Administrative task and some security monitoring can be done Work from Home or in our administrative offices at the employees' discretion.
- Required - Valid Driver's License: Colorado Driver's License within 90 days of hire.
- Required - Personal vehicle.
- Preferred - Experience navigating fire & intrusion systems.
- Preferred - Experience reviewing and monitoring security video.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.