Applications are only accepted by applying online at https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=30338&lang=en.
The Kraemer Family Library (KFL) at UCCS is currently seeking applications for an HR and Finance Professional. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide Human Resources (HR) and finance support for Kraemer Family Library faculty and staff. The position is also responsible for working with the library’s Leadership Team on developing, managing, and administering Finance/Budget and HR functions in the library in accordance with higher education concepts, practices, and principles of the university, campus, and Library. This position serves as the contact for HR inquiries in the library and as the liaison to the Offices of Finance and Administration and Human Resources.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers excellent benefits, some of which include:
- Medical insurance, with the lowest cost option being $0 to the employee
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick time accruals (14.67 hours of vacation and 10 hours of sick accrued per month, prorated if part-time)
- Mandatory retirement plans. Employees contribute 5% of their annual compensation. CU doubles that and contributes 10%
- Tuition Assistant Benefit available to you or a dependent
- Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of employment
Additional Info & Requirements
This is a university staff position within the University of Colorado Colorado Springs campus.
Please note that while the position details both required qualifications as well as preferred qualifications below, we want applicants to be aware that they do not need to have all of the preferred qualifications to be considered for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, have passion for the work, along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply. We encourage on-the-job training for any additional skills or knowledge that become relevant to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or 4 years of HR or budget financial support experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of HR or budget financial support experience.
- HR or budget financial support experience in a university or college setting.
- Human resources and payroll experience at the University of Colorado.
- PeopleSoft application experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multicultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
The Kraemer Family Library is the single academic library that serves the entire University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) campus. Library staff and faculty work in a collaborative environment that encourages and fosters innovation, community and professional growth.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. We have a strong focus in fueling student success by creating, using, and maintaining a multitude of different offices and programs. Overall, UCCS is constantly focused of preparing our students to have success in the future, and we understand that every single employee on our campus has a significant effect on that focus. Find more information about working at UCCS here: https://hr.uccs.edu/work-at-uccs.
The city, which was recently ranked as the number two Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report in 2022, known as Olympic City USA, rests at the base of Pikes Peak, the inspiration for the song “America the Beautiful” and a must-see for residents and visitors alike. With a mild climate and 247 days of sunshine each year, the Springs boasts some of the state’s best recreation opportunities. Find out more about living in Colorado Springs through the Visit Colorado Springs page: https://www.visitcos.com/.