We're hiring a creative, brand focused individual to be our Communications Specialist! You'll be performing public relations and marketing work to educate and inform the community about Library resources and services. Your collaboration with managers will provide high quality, innovative communications and public information with an emphasis on email communications, social media, and all types of content development. Your contributions will help increase awareness of the Library's value to the public. If you're ready to create and collaborate, then this job may be for you!
This full time (40 hours/week) position is eligible for benefits.
This position works out of the Library Administrative Offices located within the Lakewood Public Library.
Hiring Range: $20.07-$25.09
REQUIRED - Attach Resume and 3 published writing samples/clips along with resume (links to personal portfolio also acceptable in place of attached writing samples.)
- Public information support. Consult with supervisor to develop appropriate public information approaches and techniques. Come to the table with ideas and be prepared to write and disseminate a variety of internal and external communications as directed or requested. Research, write and edit a variety of printed and electronic materials, including news releases, executive communications, brochures, newsletters, content for web pages, reports, announcements, posters, leaflets, brochures, pamphlets and other publications. Write materials in a clear and interesting fashion, using concise journalistic style.
- Produce monthly newsletter for the Library that highlights programs and services.
- Work with managers to create weekly and monthly emails that are distributed to Library patrons.
- Support the Library's emergency communications team with time-sensitive updates and communications.
- Help support Jefferson County Public Library's social media presence.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of content for intranet and social media pages.
- Participate in continuing education/training in content development and communications technology.
- Help market signature events for the Library team.
- Plan and coordinate activities including conferences, public and media events designed to effectively promote topics and issues and partnerships within the Department/Division and the community. Schedule, arrange and handle logistics for special events.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries on the telephone, in person and by letter/email in a timely manner providing information and directing questions to appropriate staff to promote good public relations and create cooperative working relationships.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Preferred - Bilingual English/Spanish.
Preferred - Bachelor's degree or commensurate work experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.