The Discover Denver Research Associate performs historical research on buildings for the Discover Denver citywide building survey project. A partnership between Historic Denver and the City and County of Denver, Discover Denver is focused on identifying buildings throughout the city having historical, architectural, or cultural significance. This is a part-time, non-exempt position scheduled for up to 10 hours/week. The rate of pay is $16/hour.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for history
- Curiosity about Denver’s history and built environment
- Excellent research skills and the ability to gather and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
We have a deep passion for preservation and storytelling. Our work environment encourages cooperation, flexibility and autonomy. Our people are creative, knowledgeable and tenacious, and we are personally and collectively committed to a culture and set of practices that foster diversity, equity and inclusion. Our offices are found in an 1885 historic former school building in Denver’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
External Job Ad
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and a Historic Denver Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.