Manages the staff, equipment collection and services in the Adult and Technical Services Divisions of the library which requires a high level of leadership. Reports to the Library Director. Flexible schedule requires some evening & weekend hours.
The salary range for this position is $71,500.00- $103,700.00 per year with a hiring range of $71,500.00 - $87,600.00,depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: Friday, 7/21/23 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Please Include a Cover Letter with Application
Are you passionate about turning outward and serving the community? Do you want to use your creative and innovative skills to advance libraries? The Loveland Public Library is searching for someone who is committed to providing excellent services to the community and is excited about new opportunities. The ideal candidate is flexible, innovative, self-motivated, and ready to contribute to the library’s succuss. The Adult and Technical Services Manager reports directly to the Library Director and is an essential part of the library’s senior leadership team.
The role will work to implement the Library’s strategic plan, leads two divisions in delivering new services, collaborates across teams, foster strong community partnerships, develop innovative programs for adults with a diversity focus, and manage budgets. Previous experience working in libraries is needed. Bring your superpowers to the Loveland Public Library to support a dynamic community centered library.
Loveland Public Library, located in the heart of Loveland, serves a population of 80,000. It offers a rich array of programs and services including bilingual story times, cultural celebrations, a used bookstore, a whimsical children’s area, and teen maker and gaming spaces. All of this makes the Loveland Public Library a destination for locals and visitors alike with over 220,000 visits a year. Partnerships with organizations serving diverse populations support the library’s mission to inform, inspire and engage a strong community through outreach, classes, afterschool programs, and technology access.
To learn more about our exceptional Loveland community and the benefit of working for the City, please view our video Working at Loveland.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the Adult Services Division to create positive customer interactions and support efficient transactions focused on reference, readers advisory, outreach, and support of e-resources
- Leads the Technical Services group to create supportive environment for collection acquisitions, cataloging of materials, e-resources support, and processing of items.
- Develop and control divisions budget.
- Participate in library strategic planning. Manage administration and implement applicable plan areas.
- Regularly acts as Person in Charge of the library
- Collaborate with members of the Library Leadership Team. Develop, innovate, coordinate, and evaluate services, community collaborations, outreach, and programs.
Management and Staff Development
- Manage an active public service desk including scheduling, training and supervision of staff.
- Oversee technical services and all aspects of materials, acquisitions, transactions and work flow related to the timely and accurate acuate cataloging and processing of materials.
- Manage, direct and develop staff including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Operations and Customer Service Specific Focus
- Manage Adult and Technical Service projects and purchases, issues RFPs, manage contracts, oversee and tracks budgets electronic resource services and equipment
- Works the Adult Services desk in assisting library users of all ages.
- Guides, trains and develops staff, in customer service, outreach, programming, collection development and community partnership.
- Responsible for monthly and annual statistical reports related to programming, circulation, and cataloging reports. to support evidence-based decisions.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with other departments, community organizations and libraries.
- Leads library-wide efforts to improve the customer experience including wayfinding, staff training and recommending changes to policy and procedures.
This position is responsible for supervision of City employee(s).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees: planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with people of all ages. Ability to independently establish and meet goals and deadlines. Must have thorough working knowledge of established library resources, methodology, current and future trends and specific knowledge of library technology systems and programs. Ability to plan, organize and delegate. Ability to open and close building and department. Must maintain effectiveness under varying degrees of pressure. Welcomes diverse populations, including but not limited to cultural, racial, economic, and ethnic diversity.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Education and/or experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Two years of college coursework plus two years of direct customer service experience is required. Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) or related field preferred.
- Four years professional and progressively responsible experience required. This is in addition to any years used to satisfy the education requirement.
- 1-year supervisory experience including hiring, discipline, performance management and evaluation of paid staff required. 1 year of leadership experience including project management, staff development and problem solving preferred.
- Experience overseeing customer service to diverse individuals and groups is required
- Strong experience with library management systems, vendors and solutions is preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Material and equipment directly used:
Library integrated system; online databases, the Internet, PCs, microfilm reader-printers, mobile technology, photocopiers, fax, telephone, and audio-visual equipment.
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Dynamic library environment with extensive public contact, may require sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive motion tasks, reaching, bending, kneeling, and moving or positioning objects up to 20 pounds. Schedule is flexible, requiring some weekend and evening hours. Travel to off-site meetings and programs may be required.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
A Bachelor’s Degree or Two years of college coursework plus two years of direct customer service experience is required.
Four years professional and progressively responsible experience required in addition to any years used to satisfy the education requirement.
1-year supervisory experience including hiring, discipline, performance management and evaluation of paid staff.
Experience overseeing customer service to diverse individuals and groups.
Strong experience with library management systems, vendors and solutions.
Spanish language proficiency.
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.