Community College of Aurora
CentreTech campus, Aurora Colorado
OVERVIEW OF CCA
The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high-quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. We are particularly interested in applicants that demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse identities, including but not limited to: socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, disability, multilingual learners, veterans, non-traditional, race and ethnic backgrounds.
More than 20 different languages and 60 countries are represented at CCA. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills. The college centers diversity, equity, and inclusion and we actively seek to employee partners who want to join us in working to reducing outcome gaps among our diverse student population.
The Digital Initiatives and OER Librarian is responsible for the library technology projects for delivering digital content and instruction to students and faculty. Moreover, they will participate in systemwide efforts and committees to provide centralized databases, EBSCO Discovery Service customization, and library support via local administration of Springshare applications (including LibGuides, LibAnswers, and LibCal).
They will work with the AspenCat Consortium to provide copy cataloging and manage local configurations for Koha and the OPAC. This position will also lead efforts and develop innovative approaches to providing library academic support services, to online and concurrent enrollment students, and adult learners in workforce development offerings. Other projects will include leading the Open Educational Resources (OER) Program by working directly with and supporting chairs and faculty/instructors to adopt, adapt, create, and publish new resources for their courses with the goal to improve student success, retention, and completion.
This position will provide some remote work opportunities.
- Provide leadership for digital library initiatives and work collaboratively with chairs and faculty to support student success, retention, and completion.
- Design and maintain effective and efficient processes for expansion of collections, cataloging, and circulation.
- Participate in the AspenCat Users’ Group and provide copy cataloging on Koha as part of the AspenCat Consortium.
- Administer Springshare LibApps for CCA (including LibAnswers, LibGuides, and LibCal) in collaboration with the CCCS librarians.
- Stay current on trends, legislation, best practices, and grants in areas of responsibility.
- Serve on systemwide committees related to online collections and databases for shared online library.
- Provide research assistance, one-on-one research appointments, and library instruction as needed.
- Provide leadership, vision, support, advocacy, development, and assessment of OER initiatives and open education pedagogies.
- Work collaboratively with library staff to guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree in a library field from an ALA-accredited college or equivalent, or a relevant field, such as instructional design.
- Working knowledge of library technologies
- Library copy-cataloging experience or master’s level cataloging coursework
- Working knowledge of and experience with OER, open licensing, and open publishing.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with open education pedagogy.
- Experience with online and blended learning practices.
- Experience providing or planning library support to online learners.
- Experience with planning and facilitating professional development, workshops, community events, or library instruction sessions.
- Experience with open educational resource adoption in an academic library or higher education environment.
- Experience publishing on PressBooks.
- LibApps administration experience.
- Experience with staff functionality of Koha
Salary:: $57,500.00 annually. This salary is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. Full time employees immediately upon hire earn 15 hours a month annual leave and 10 hours a month sick leave.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on Monday, July 24, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter that describes how your experience aligns with the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position
- A current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- Candidates identified as finalists must provide three to five professional references, at least two of which must include a current direct supervisor and most recent supervisor. If you cannot provide two supervisor references, an opportunity will be afforded for discussion and consideration of alternative references with the CCA Human Resource Office. Please note, out of professional courtesy to you, we will not contact your current supervisor without first providing notice to you as a candidate and only when a contingent offer is pending in order to protect the confidentiality of your application to the full extent possible.
- If you are using education to qualify, a copy of your official or unofficial transcript showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your NACES accreditation. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.ed
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Individuals currently or formerly employed by the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, and/or who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our college community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement.
Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence.
We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
The Federal Clery Act: (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Full time employees immediately upon hire earn 15 hours a month annual leave and 10 hours a month sick leave.
Community College of Aurora is a vibrant, growing, diverse, urban community college committed to student engagement, innovative teaching, and a global, multicultural perspective on learning. The college has built a reputation of excellence by cultivating a “family” culture that values students, faculty, and staff.