Job title: Anythink World Manager (part leader, part virtual event planner, part community builder)
Business Unit: Products and Technology
Pay Range: $66,000 to $79,200 DOE
Job Type: Full-time; exempt; benefitted; in-office
You dream big and are passionate about establishing Anythink at the bleeding edge of extended reality to meet people where there are - or will be. You believe in the power of the metaverse as an extension of the library to build community and bring people together. You will be the face of the Anythink World, both in-person and online, sharing information about the project with stakeholders in Adams County and beyond. You are the leader who works across departments to set the vision for our virtual events, exhibits, and outreach initiatives that embody Anythink's creative vision and keep our customers coming back for more.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are a great manager.
- You are a lot of things to a lot of people-coach, leader, partner and host.
- You are patient and charismatic; you understand the emerging technology of the metaverse and invite others to join you.
- You are dynamic and energetic; you share your vision for how the online world can meet our community where they are and create engaging experiences for all.
- You are an effective communicator, able to lead meetings and relay pertinent information to employees, peers and stakeholders.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You are a trendsetter with a future-oriented mindset, continuously spotting and setting trends.
- You are well-versed in both the digital and real world, seamlessly blending the two.
- You are a natural educator, adept at training people with varying levels of tech proficiency.
- You are knowledgeable about virtual worlds, game design and the metaverse experience.
- You navigate pressure-filled situations with grace and stellar problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
- You manage Anythink's presence in the metaverse, including moderating the Anythink World and designing immersive experiences and events.
- You train Anythinkers across the district on everything from talking with customers about the metaverse to creating memorable programs and experiences.
- You are an event-planning genius in the metaverse; you orchestrate engaging experiences for people of all ages.
- You bring the Anythink World to life by uploading and arranging objects and activations that transform the space into a vibrant community hub and give visitors something new to look forward to. You understand how to interweave collections, media and objects in the space to keep it fresh and beautiful.
- You love forging new paths and will be instrumental in building the Anythink World team from the ground up.
- You are an explorer of XR, metaverse and gaming trends to keep Anythink World at the forefront of innovation.
- You engage in outreach efforts and presentations, serving as the face of Anythink World both in person and online.
- You are passionate about creating a space that is accessible for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- You communicate effectively with engineers, designers, and other tech-savvy individuals to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- You work closely with the Innovations and Customer Experience departments to provide outstanding in-world experiences that mirror those happening in the branches.
- You build and manage virtual communities within the world, fostering a sense of belonging and engagement.
- You develop and implement policies and procedures for world usage and maintenance.
- You collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Anythink World aligns with Anythink's mission and values.
- You monitor and evaluate Anythink World's usage and engagement, understand users and identify new strategies for maximizing results. You provide regular reports to the Anythink leadership team.
- You are a fair and friendly moderator, enforcing the code of conduct equitably.
- You ensure compliance with all library policies and procedures.
- You love our products. You are a voracious reader, listen to a diverse range of music and love a good movie.
- You understand that when the pressure is on, we all work together; you enjoy being part of the team to make it happen.
- You think like an entrepreneur. You understand budgeting and what it takes to run the Anythink World responsibly with a great bottom line.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a bachelor's degree preferably in computer science, game development or events management.
- You have at least three years of professional-level experience in a leadership role or events management.
- You have experience in planning and executing events virtually, preferably in the metaverse.
- Bilingual skills desired.
- You are tech savvy with proficiency in OBS, CMS, and Unreal or 3D-design software, as well as metaverse platforms like Odyssey or others.
- This is a full-time, in-office position.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being ‘on the move’ in our libraries: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Expect evening and weekend shifts as part of your schedule.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this posting.
A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they're sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and for each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our Job Center and apply online on our website at https://anythinklibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/