Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is looking for a database administrator (DBA) to join our Technology and Innovation team. This position will focus on building connections to JCPL’s primary data resources to help shape and drive organizational decisions and transform data into a format that is useful to the organization. The DBA will monitor the data coming from these systems and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data. This position will also have additional responsibilities as a backup to the JCPL’s integrated library system, which is the system JCPL uses for resource planning and to track items owned, orders made, and patron borrowing. When needed, this position may create and design databases to support JCPL data collection and coordination.
This position requires occasional onsite work. Candidates must be residents of Colorado within a commutable distance to our Lakewood Library Administrative Offices upon start date.
Hiring Range: $84,499.24 - $107,736.53 Annually
- Install database software, new releases and upgrades, and supporting products. Use independent initiative, with little or no supervision. Coordinate physical changes through test, code and implementation.
- Monitor, tune, diagnose and resolve problems with the databases and their performance. Promptly determine root causes of problems to facilitate rapid resolution. Analyze historical trends and anticipate expected future requirements. Modify databases and applications to optimize processing performance. Refresh databases as requested. Confer with user request.
- Create and manage multiple databases, tables and indexes. Design logical and physical databases. Establish database parameters.
- Manage databases up to current security standards. Determine appropriate permissions and monitoring tools to ensure compliance with security standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required - Bachelor's degree or commensurate professional experience.
Preferred - Professional experience in government or non-profit environment.
Preferred - Experience with Integrated Library System
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.