At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience with historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Arapahoe Community College Library has an opening for a graduate library science student or recent graduate as a Research Librarian Assistant who will gain valuable academic library experience from a fun, amazing, and supportive team of professionals who are student focused and enjoy what they do. We seek a motivated team player who is eager to learn by doing. Duties will include providing research help to students in multiple modalities, facilitating information literacy instruction for a variety of courses, great customer service at the Research Help and Circulation desks, and special projects at ACC’s main and satellite campuses.
This position will work Monday through Thursday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
This is a temporary non-exempt hourly position. This position may work up to 28 hours each week and up to 9 months, depending on need and budget availability.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
· MLIS from an accredited institution or will receive their MLIS by spring 2024
· In-person and virtual reference experience in public or academic libraries or relevant class experience
· Knowledge of web-based applications and ILS systems
· Ability to interact with a diverse population
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Experience with Springshare products (LibGuides, LibCal, LibAnswers)
· Instruction experience
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
· Occasionally moves, positions, and transports standard office supplies and equipment weighing up to 10 lbs.
· This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
· The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
· Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
· May be required to work out of any ACC campus location. Occasional after-hours or weekend work required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Pay rate for this position is $24.00 - $28.00 per hour, commensurate with education and experience. This is a part-time, FLSA non-exempt position. This position can work up to nine months, based on need and budget availability. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit
2. Detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement
to Courtney Johnston, Head Reference and Instruction Librarian at email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu
Medical insurance is offered to instructors and other variable hour employees who have worked, on average, at least 30 hours per week in a 12-month period. Hourly staff generally do not meet this average since hourly staff may not work more than 28 hours each week. Additional information can be found within BP 3-10 and at the CCCS Employee Benefits site under “Instructor & Variable Hour Employee Benefit Information.”
Sick leave is granted in accordance with SB20-205, Sick Leave for Employees, accrued at one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Non-student hourly staff are required to contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their salary and do not contribute to Social Security. ACC/CCCS student employees are not eligible to participate in PERA. ACC/CCCS offers three tax-deferred investment plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.